Vintage McCabe

Rizzo

defense is aweful, coaching is awful and for some reason, they brought in another decent goalie instead of getting 1 good goalie

There's not a whole lot you can do when you have a McCabe's type salary tied up in McCabe quality player in a salary capped league. That's one of several contracts that have screwed the team for a long time to come.

yup, a lot of money for a guy whose redeeming quality is a slapshot. On the positive side, I was actually impressed with Antropov's play. Still takes bad penalties (although the boarding call was a bad call IMO) but played surprisingly well...finally

The funniest thing is when I was on my way home from work last night I was thinking man if Mcabe keeps getting boo he is just gonna turn around and fire a slap shot at there own net and score on purpose then skate off the ice and quit. I was talking to my sone about what I was thinking when I got home and then sure enough what happens he fires it in the net. Not on purpose but we laughed for a while at it.

you can give up 90 shots in two games and expect to win.

The Leafs defense is just aweful it looks like they are short handed when they are at full strength. Its also not just the Defense that sucks. the forwards re too slow on the forecheck this causes quick turn overs and forces the defense to back pedal the entire game instead of pressing the puck in the other end.

The leafs are too slow to compete. I am totally ammazed that they managed to come up with a point. That is a HUGE acheivement for such a lousy team. They may even be able to be in the chase for the last playoff spot again. That would be an achievment. Being in the chase for the last play off spot.

AMEN!!!!

I am glad I'm not the only one who thinks he is the MOST USELESS player in the game today.

Not only is he WAY overpaid, but he is one of the biggest p*ssies in the NHL.

Doesnt stop goals, doesnt score goals (unless they are on his own net), and doesn't fight.

He is giving Canadian hockey players a bad name.

Its too bad the leafs are loosing, because Toskala and Raycroft are playing amazingly, despite the scores.

Yah I am actually amazed at how well Raycroft has played since being demoted behind Vesa. Happy to see the leafs have a decent tandem in nets. The bad side is when you give up 50 shots in a game your going to lose. Even with a guy Roy or Hasek in net you will lose more than you win.

I mean what goalie is going to stop a goal in the last 5 minute of a game when you give up a 3 on 1.

Maurice promissed better defense this year. So far the defense has sucked BIG time.

I would also like to add that my 11 year old son said to me last night. after they lost.

"Gee Dad I wish we had a better team to root for."

I said...

"Yah me too"

Edited by jedimaster

His play acouple of years ago was pretty good as a defencemen,but the last two years he seems to be sub par. I think a trip down to the minors would make him think twice about screwing up.

On a brighter note, these two guys will be a welcome addition.

Forward Kyle Wellwood and defenceman Carlo Calaiacovo practised with their Toronto Maple Leafs teammates on Saturday as they hope to be nearing a return from injury.

Wellwood was shut down during training camp and underwent a second minor sports hernia surgery.

``I haven't had any problems yet,'' he said after Saturday's pre-game skate at Air Canada Centre. ``Hopefully by next week I'll be in the lineup and feeling great.''

Colaiacovo played in two pre-season games before the Leafs decided to slow down his recovery from right knee surgery performed last spring. Now he feels much better.

``It feels awesome. I'm really excited to get back out there,'' he said. ``I've gotten real strong off the ice and the knee if feeling as good as its ever felt. It's just a matter of time now and I just have to work even harder to get back.''

Edited by misfish