Thanksgiving Bassin'

Hookset

Got out for some Bassin' on Thanksgiving Monday.

It was warm and overcast all day with no rain. My favorite kind if weather for Bass.

We decided to hit a back lake with the Tupperwear boat which has only a kid's camp on it.

All the kid's were gone of course which gave us the added bonus of being able to fish their huge system of docks,

plus we were the only fishermen on the lake.

This lake has been hammered by some people who feel the need to keep bass over 5 lbs. for the table.

It's a well known lake for the locals here.

I know it's their right but I don't have to like it. I've tried (nicely) to inform them as to the effect of removing big spawners from a small body of water but it falls on deaf ears. Can't imagine what they taste like either. Old boot

comes to mind. Anyway, I have been very polite in my views with them and I simply leave with a head shake as they load 5 and 6 lb. Largies in their car and drive off.

We've laid off fishing from the Lake for a couple of years now (due to heartbreak and disgust) but decided it was time for a return trip.

We caught a few Bass, over 25 between the 2 of us, but none of the huge ones that we found in years past.

Bait of the day were Spinnerbaits, slow rolled around docks and boulders.

One came off a dock on a flipping jig.

Ya' gotta love Fall Bassin'

Here's a pic of the lake and few pics of some of the better ones.

IM001128-1.jpg

IM001130-1.jpg

IM001131-1.jpg

IM001132-1.jpg

IM001133-1.jpg

Season ain't over yet :thumbsup_anim:

Hookset.