Merland Park :( UPDATED

Gerritt

I called up Merland some time ago and booked a cottage for the upcoming Quinte G2G.. I spoke with Kevin who took my reservation, He asked me to give him a call back once I knew how many boats we would be bringing up. I called them this week only to be told that we indeed did not have a cottage booked as the cottage they promised us was already rented out for that weekend..

They did try to make things right by offering us a cottage five kilometers down the road...it is a nice cottage.. however they are removing the docks.. so we have nowhere to dock our boats.. now I am looking at Launching in and out Everyday, not being able to hang out and have a couple beers with the guys (Drinking and Driving) etc... Basically I am having to drive to do anything at all...

Is it wrong for me to be upset here?

there are alot of us going to Merland's somehow this just does not seem right to me.....

If any of you have booked with Merland's I would call to VERIFY your reservation or you might be looking at the same situation I am faced with now..

Looking for suggestions here guys..

Gerritt.

Edited by Gerritt

I would say that everyone should check and tell Kevin that we are upset that Gerritt lost his cottage..that he was one of the one getting it going this year and now he has to be somewhere else......

and you have every right to be upset

man that sucks...how many people in your group..maybe it would be possible to break the group up and get into cottages with the other people, each year a few back out at the last minute ....it really sucks

Well how many are in your cabin Gerritt. Maybe if all of us who have cabins takes one person, you'll all have a place. I'm willing to put up with you if my other roomies don't mind :lol:

Just a suggestion.

Joey

Ripple effect...

I too was booked at Chateau Gerritt and am now homeless. I have Bly and GCD (I think?) riding in my boat and these Merlands folks have also shattered thier dreams.

Okay, maybe I'm laying it on too thick.

I'm still up for the trip if someone is able to confirm some room. I don't take up much room if I sleep standing up!

-Brian

Okay, I have a PM fired off to my roomies at BOQ and if its okay with them we can take one or two of you homeless people in :lol:

I'll confirm when I hear back from them. I can't very well say its okay unless they agree also.

Cheers,

Joey

That is unfortunate. This is one of the reasons we will not book at Merlands again. We were supposed to have a cottage last year, we got one of the postage sized " motel rooms " and they charged my credit card an extra 50 bucks which I never got back. I could have pursued this but I just decided to forget it and stay other places. We will be staying in Belleville probably with it costing much less money. Ssorry if this is to negative but it was really unpleasant. And Kevin gave my buddy a hard time asa well when he asked him where he could buy a downrigger ball.

Good luck to everyone and I am looking forward to your reports and we will be heading there the weekend of Oct.20th, we booked a day with Eye-Tracker on the Sat. and are going out on my boat Sun.

Ripple effect...

I too was booked at Chateau Gerritt and am now homeless. I have Bly and GCD (I think?) riding in my boat and these Merlands folks have also shattered thier dreams.

Okay, maybe I'm laying it on too thick.

I'm still up for the trip if someone is able to confirm some room. I don't take up much room if I sleep standing up!

-Brian

Brian...we can put you in with us if you need a spot. I have either #4 or #12..we'll see when we get there Thursday the 15th. I am going to bring a single blow up bed as well, just to have in the truck, in case we need it in addition to the 2 bedrooms and couch. It's me, Dano and Terry at this point and we can flip coins for who's sleepin on what.

I'll PM you my cell so you have it to find us when the time comes.

Sound's like Gerritt's found a home...who else is homeless?

Wayne

Brian...we can put you in with us if you need a spot. I have either #4 or #12..we'll see when we get there Thursday the 15th. I am going to bring a single blow up bed as well, just to have in the truck, in case we need it in addition to the 2 bedrooms and couch. It's me, Dano and Terry at this point and we can flip coins for who's sleepin on what.

Wayne

Grant.B.McAllister, Vatordude and VatorDudes Son.

Gerritt.

Wayne

Grant.B.McAllister, Vatordude and VatorDudes Son.

Gerritt.

~~~Like I said I have one of the Motel rooms, may be small with another person, but as long as I have a clear path to the Throne room I see no problem with a 3rd person.

~~~~~~~~~~~~I usuall stay at the Lake On The Mountain Cottages 2 min.s from the ferry dock

That is unfortunate. This is one of the reasons we will not book at Merlands again. We were supposed to have a cottage last year, we got one of the postage sized " motel rooms " and they charged my credit card an extra 50 bucks which I never got back.

you arent the only one that has happened to .. was down there with some friends last year .. got stuck in a loft above the garage .. we made the best of it but will NEVER be back

Ya Gerr... we got room. We got a 2 bedroom with 3 of us at this point. I'm sure we can fit 2 more people, possibly 3.

Let's just all get up there and pack in for the nights. I can't see them kicking us out. We'll just have to see how much more they want to charge.

cd.