Hockey starts

xrap

I sure do know what it means.

Come spring time, the Leafs will reach 42 years without a Stanley Cup.

On TV news, the Leafs are basically the laughing stock and the hope is that at least the Leafs get into the final 8 teams.

Look at the goalie position. The Leafs are looking for a "good" goalie. I am not too sure but I would guess that they have problems at all positions. A situation like this does not allow a team to win the Stanley Cup.

Oh well, it will be another year for "rebuilding".

Correct me if I am wrong. I think the HABS have won the Cup 9 times since the last time the Leafs have won the CUP. :thumbsup_anim: No wonder the HABS go :Gonefishing: and the Leafs go golfing.

carp-starter

Correct me if I am wrong. I think the HABS have won the Cup 9 times since the last time the Leafs have won the CUP. :thumbsup_anim: No wonder the HABS go :Gonefishing: and the Leafs go golfing.

carp-starter

Nobody said anything..... But now I have to say it,I don't care how amny times you won the cup I don't care when you won the cup in my eyes you will always suck because I am a leaf fan and it will never change. Leafs lsot a tough game tonight that they should of had. Round 2 in Ottawa tommrow .. boo yah GO LEAFS GO!!!!

Yup and Mtl also. Im so dissipointed though that they let go Sourey and signed Markov and drafted even more Europeans. Well another season of crap hockey.

The habs did not let #44 go they made him a good offer he decided he would take his career -27 stat and play for Edmonton.

And for the record Montreal drafted 1 european last year and that was in the 6th round I just wish they would start drafting some europeans like Malkin,Ovechkin,etc.

And by the way was that Raycroft in net last nite watching pucks go through his legs? LOL

That was quite the pee wee team Toronto iced last night LoL. Leafs need to find a real goalie maybe they should have gone after Gerber ? Can't be the money Toronto sells out every game.They finally realized that they have to develop players not just buy washed up oldtimers.I love this rivalry and it will only get better.I hate to say it but looks like Toronto is going to keep the playoff streak alive....3yrs straight !! Go Sens Go AAAAhhhh REALITY :thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim:

The leafs will go no where remember this thread they will again be battling for the LAST playoff spot.

I mean make a big trade for a goalie and bench him the first game? How retarded. Better to save him the preasure and put him in his first game against the Sens on the road where he will get completly shell shocked.

The leafs made no improvement in there biggest flaw from the last 5 years. No defense. They have good offensive defensemen but only 1 good defensive defensemen. It showed game after game last year and already crept up in the pre season and now in regular season.

I am calling the leafs to finish no better than 7th. likely 10th. Hopefuly at least 8th.

The unfortunate side is I will end up watching or listenening to most of the 82 games again this year in agony. :wallbash:

Edited by jedimaster

carp-starter

I believe they went golfing at the same time last year.

Edited by Mike Pike

The unfortunate side is I will end up watching or listenening to most of the 83 games again this year in agony. :wallbash:

I'm with you jedimaster, I'll be watching and whining but that's what being a Leafs fan is all about.

One of these years, they'll win the Cup and I can say I've stuck with my team through it all. None of this bangwagon hopping nonsense ;)

Tony

Thatta boy Tony. I agree. Ive stuck with my Sabres since my dad got me hooked when i was a little kid. Lord knows weve been thru some hardships, and Ive had to patch a few holes in the wall thru the years.....and clean some beer off my TV screen , etc...........but ya put it behind ya, and ya get fired up for the next season the same as the one before..........It would suck to win stanley cups every season. lol How pointless would that get? Itll be that much sweeter the day your team wins Lord Stanleys cup. With Buffalos success last year.........you should have seen the Fair Weather fans pop up around here last year. No doubt its fun to see the area all hopped up on the local team, but you know darn well that if they slip even a little this year that most of those folks will fall off the wagon, put their jerseys they bought and wore once last year cuz they won a playoff ticket back in the closet, take their car flags off, etc....

Side Note: Briere looked good in Calgary last night, 2 goals, including the game winner. Little Prick LOL

Well it seemed like the leafs of every year to me. Both games they had good spurts and weak D. They have always been able to be dominant over one or two periods but they have never been able to keep good teams down and out of a close game.

I don't want to sound like a hater, as I bleed blue and white. but man it sure seems like year after year they give up for half the game winning or losing.

the leafs play well up until the third period then everything starts to fall apart they need to play a full 60 minutes and stop trying to kill off the third most of the time it wont work especially against a team like ottawa dont get me wrong i like the leafs but thats what screws them over most games

Leafs and sens tonight wooot. GO LEAFS GO!!! And allt he fantasy players in the OFC pool get ready to lose boyZ!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice game against the Hurricanes last night. That new goalie looks like quite the pickup. :whistling:

I think missing the PO's 3 years in a row is a real possibility.

FOTB

:Gonefishing:

ferguson is a tool, he will be out by end of season.

leafs blowas usual, and yes i am a fan, big part of the blame has to go to the t.o. fans, dont support crappy teams or they stay...crappy!

i've gone to every game at the acc/mlg for the past 13 years, not this year, i cant support a team that cares more about money than winning.

i'll watch from home, a lot less painful