Hockey starts

xrap

Here is how we fix the Leafs. We feed them the same breakfast Tucker eats everyday. Nails and rebar!

But cut him off from chewing the ice cubes. They induce brain freeze at less than opportune moments, and that leads to penalty kills, and we know where those lead.

Toronto needs to trade some bulk for some speed. The Sundin line looks good if Blake is okay to play. The new goalie looks promising but can't do it all alone back there. A couple of defensive d's would be nice. Offensive dee is great but not when you're on defense most of the time because you're being outskated, outsmarted and outnumbered. As much as I like the grit from guys like McCabe and Tucker (and I liked Domi even better) I'm afraid they're too costly with their giveaways and penalties and the Leafs would do better with a couple of different players with better hands, better judgement and consistent awareness.

Don't get me wrong. I'm a long time Leafs fan, even when they're losing. I can't help getting my hopes up going into the end of the regular season every year, hoping against hope that they pull off some miracle on ice, knowing no rabbit will be coming out of any hat. I stick with the playoffs to the bitter end but it's never the same once the Leafs have gone golfing.

YMMV

JF

l saw 2 games at the ACC before the strike and havent watched hockey on tv since. l watched Antipof*#%$ float all game l have seen water baloons more durible than him. The leafs are slackers.

The best Leaf hockey l had seen then never made it to the play offs but no team wanted to play them because they would be in a big hurt with all the checks and board grinding. The Leafs dont have Heart or Grit and until they do l would rather watch Figure Skating at least they try to win.

Peace Ken