Georgian Bay musky

mikeh

Last Thursday I decided I would go to Waubeshene and fish for some Musky, the forecast was for 5 km winds but I think the weatherman was wrong as you can tell by this first picture.I trolled until it became uncomfortable and then I went to an area with less wind.

gallery_206_212_151682.jpg

this was the only Musky I caught this day, it was caught trolling going over a hump at about 12 feet deep,estimated the size to be about 32-36 inches. I was trolling along at one point and as I passed over a hump I marked a fish sitting on the edge and figured it was a Musky so I reeled in and was going to go back for it and another boat trolled over the spot and caught a larger fish, I heard the guy tell his buddy it was a 50 inch fish. Can't wait to get back up there and maybe land one of those bigger ones. The next three pictures are water shots of the same fish as I was fishing alone and didn't take the fish out of the water.

gallery_206_212_79995.jpg

gallery_206_212_101011.jpg

gallery_206_212_42728.jpg

Nice pics. Georgian Bay has some big girls in there.

A friend of mine accidentally caught one that was 64" in there about 10 years ago.

You should also try fishing Lake St. Clair. There's been a lot of musky over 50" caught there this year.

A friend of mine accidentally caught one that was 64" in there about 10 years ago.

You should also try fishing Lake St. Clair. There's been a lot of musky over 50" caught there this year.

Im hopeing thats a typo, 64 incher in G-Bay would be a monster, and possible world record

Guest gbfisher

"accidentally caught one that was 64"

I sure wouldnt mind accidentally catching a 64"

:Gonefishing: