Bly's Second Salmon - New Personal Best...monster!!!

ccmtcanada

Well, with some people joking about why it's me that catches all the Salmon and Bly cant seem to hook into them, the tables were turned tonight....big time! Greencoachdog called it a few days ago by saying "I've got a feeling she's gonna play catch up one of these days soon and it aint gonna be pretty for ya!". I replied to that saying I have done no gloating and that I fully expect her to kick my butt...and soon!

Anyhow, onto tonight. We headed off to chuck some spoons at the mouth of a local creek. There were lots of other anglers around and our favourite spots were taken. Oh well...shore fishing means LOTS of improvising!! We could see lots of lightning in the distance, so we knew our outing may be cut short if it got too close.

Bly starts casting her glow in the dark cleo, and about 20 minutes into it....when it was only about 2 feet in front of her, this monster attacks the spoon!! It must have followed it in and decided it was now or never. This thing cleared the water by a few feet on a few occasions, but she expertly kept tension on the rod to make sure this one couldn't spit the hook. It tried to run, but it couldn't find the deeper water, so she kept gaining ground on it.

Finally...after about 15 minutes, I'm able to net this fish. As soon as I saw it, I knew she crushed my PB (38" and 19.5 pounds). This one measured in at a whopping 40" and 22 pounds 11 ounces!!! She attained her goal of getting at least one Salmon this year, but this one qualifies for an OFAH award...makes it that much sweeter. She needed 5 species to get her avid angler award for the year and this one makes it 6!! (I always said I didn't want my 5th species to be panfish....LOL)

Here's the pic....

carolechinny40inch22lb11ounces.jpg

Oh yeah....this is another entry for Team 9 in the OFC tourney!!!! (we have a pic with the sign)

Holy! That's amazing! Congrats on the new PB Bly! It sure does look to be heavier than 22 pounds. Are you sure Cliff isn't trying to take advantage of this opportunity by weighing your fish in at 5 pounds lighter so that it would be more attainable to beat? Cliff, you should watch her, check her pockets. There may be a tube of something that she may rub on your lures from here on in. I think my girlfriend has rubbed A535 and Anusol all over mine so that I can't challenge her 2 big Musky.

Great job again!

Holy! That's amazing! Congrats on the new PB Bly! It sure does look to be heavier than 22 pounds. Are you sure Cliff isn't trying to take advantage of this opportunity by weighing your fish in at 5 pounds lighter so that it would be more attainable to beat? Cliff, you should watch her, check her pockets. There may be a tube of something that she may rub on your lures from here on in. I think my girlfriend has rubbed A535 and Anusol all over mine so that I can't challenge her 2 big Musky.

Great job again!

Well you know they say the camera adds 5 lbs. lol

Edited by ALEX

Great job again!

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHH......well........she files all my hook points so that they are not sharp.....