Big night at the rouge!

Toronto_Angler

Hey all,

Went with my buddy to the rouge tonight. The original plan was to fish for some carp but I heard from our resident carp expert MJL that the carp fishing was on the decline there. We decided to fish for salmon instead, my buddy was adamant that there would be some bitin but I was skeptical.

I have egg on my face because not 10 minutes in something hit my hook HARD and the line Snapped like a twig! After getting my heart rate down and adjusting my drag accordingly (I've never fished for salmon) I tried again. After about 5 minutes I had another on and it took me for a nice run, I was able to land it after a quick fight and while it wasn't huge, I was pumped!

After taking a pic and releasing, my friend had one on that he fought for about 20 minutes, this thing was jumping and running and causing a mess! He almost had it in but about 20 feet out it took one last run and snapped the line! My buddy was not very happy to say the least :wallbash:

I ended up getting one about 5 minutes later that was bigger then my first and gave a hell of a fight. These things hit hard on my 7 foot rod.

Tomorrow I'm grabbing a noodle rod because I'm hooked! Here are the pics.

nook1.jpg

chinook2.jpg