48 hrs to go

Jay T

Well I just have a real hard time focusing at work this week, due to the fact I leave for my trip in the Nipigon area Saturday afternoon to be there for sunday morning flight to the lake we will be hunting and fishing on for 2 whole weeks. There has been snow yesturday morning and this morning, this should make the moose co-operate (hopefully) and come to the call.

Last year we came really close to a few bull moose that came in but no shot was offered, I use a compound bow so you got to get them in nice and close (50 yrds and under). This year we are trying a new lake that is MUCH bigger than any we have been on before, but lots of moose in the area so we shall see what we can do.

I am shooting a 2006 Diamond Victory bow 72lbs draw weight, Carbon arrows tipped with 125 Thunderheads, it goes about 315 IBO with a big twack when it hits the target.

I have been practicing at 50yrds - 20yrds, 50-40 yrds I am in 3" circle, 30-20 yrds in a mostly a 1/2"- 1" circle. I have been shooting a bow now for 13yrs and harvested many deer and 1 cow moose and a black bear with the bow.

I will have a full report when I come back Oct 1st, with pics of fish caught and hopefully meat in the freezer.

Good luck to all that are getting out there and doing some hunting, and be safe, always wear a safty harness when in a tree.

Jay

Good stuff Jay...

Hunting and fishing is like Christmas for Kids... I know i can't sleep the night before a trip...

I just picked up a compound bow to tinker around with... nothing like yours though... i picked up a bear whitetail II, 60lb draw weight...

like i said, nothing major, but it gives me something to tinker around with

good luck on your hunt bud

Hey T.J that sounds like fun he should have a blast. That is how I started out with my dad, but then I introduced myself to the bow, then I got my dad and bro hooked on the bow hunting also.

Uncle Buck, the Bear bows are a good quality bow and will last for years, or until when you decide to upgrade to something else.

Also just make sure to always check your bow strings and equipment regulary to make sure everything is ok and keep it the string waxed if in the rain a lot. My Brother just had his string brake about 2 weeks ago and the arrow smacked off his arm and could have done some real serious damage but he was lucky, kinda still gave him deep tissue brusing from top of forearm down to the wrist. It was not his fault (the string maker that I shall not name) the string failed and snapped at where it attaches to the cam this string was only a year old and about 250 arrows shot threw it, they should be good for at least 2000 shots. I replace my string every 3 years at most, better to be safe than sorry.

Bow_string__3.jpg

Your killing me Jay

I was planning a bow weekend in temagami- leaving right after work tomorrow.

darn changes at work have added tons of new stuff here and nothing is ready for our big trade show a week away.

Had to cancel and as luck would have it I'm busy next 2 weekends. Hopefully take a trip up for Oct 6th.