Bass report - Cameron Lake - Pic Intense

ccmtcanada

Bly and I had the honour of fishing with fishnsled again! We had a great time on the water with him back in July and he invited us out yet again to target bass on Cameron Lake. We jumped over that offer...he's a great guy to fish with...great conversation, great learning experience, overall great guy!

Anyhow, Bly and I were up early and met him at his place at 530am. We loaded all our gear and headed to the Kawarthas. The weather down home was slightly overcast, but pretty much clear. When we got to the launch just after 7am, we were greeted with high winds, overcast skies that looked like they could open with rain at any moment, and whitecaps on the water. If this didn't clear up then fishing would be very tough and it could have been a short day. Here's the view of what greeted us as we left the launch area.

03launch.jpg

We went across the lake at 35mph and arrived to much calmer waters. Fishnsled found a spot and we began casting for bass. Let me tell you, fishnsled put on a Bass CLINIC out there today! He began throwing a spinner bait and after about his 3rd cast, caught the first fish of the day.

04fishnsledfish1.jpg

He then went on to catch the next 8 or nine fish!!! Nothing huge, but he just kept pulling them out of the water! Bly and I had a few hits, but nothing landed. He also caught the WGSF...so we had to take a pic....

05fishnsledfish2.jpg

07fishnsledfish3.jpg

Finally...I manage to set a hook properly and I pull in my first fish of the day...another Rock bass.

06cliffrockbass.jpg

The clouds kept rolling in and then we'd catch a bit of sunshine, but finally, we had a little bit of rain. It was cool seeing the "mist" as it came across the water at us.

08rains.jpg

The rain ended and by this time, fishnsled finally let us in on his secret. He was telling us that the best lure to use was the *beep* *beep*, scented with *beep* and he showed us how to rig it up properly. With our rods now set up the "fishnsled" way, we began to get into some fish. Funny thing was, the bite turned off for him....LOL.

Blys first fish of the day...

10carolefish1.jpg

My first bass....

11clifffish1.jpg

At one point, Bly casted her line out there and had a huge hit! It slammed her lure and she went to set the hook. Once she did that, her line went completely slack...something had sliced right through her 30 pound power pro! Fishnsled turned the boat around and we went through the same area again. This time, fishnsled had a huge hit and set the hook...he lost the fish, but when he took a look at his lure, it had clean slices through it. We figure that Bly hooked into her first ever Musky and fishnsled's lure confirmed that.

The sun finally came out and we got to shed our rain gear. The wind had died down and it was a perfect day out there. Just enough wind to drift, with slight adjustments with the trolling motor.

Bly and I kept bringing in more fish...

12clifffish2.jpg

Bly completes the WGSF trifecta!!

13carolerockbass.jpg

Another bass for me...

14clifffish3.jpg

Then, as suddenly as the bite turned on for bly and I, the bite turned off, so we decided to drift fish for a while. Fishnsled did catch more bass, but he kept putting them back as quickly as possible...and aplogizing for catching yet another fish...LOL. Bly and fishnsled then decided to do the patented TJ fishing pose...it didn't really catch us any fish, but hey, we were comfortable...LOL.

15tjpose.jpg

Near the end of our day, fishnsled showed us some cool spots for us to take our canoe, including a stretch of a river that he said, he's never caught anything in. So, what does Bly do? She puts her line in and trolls one of Bernie's (Nipissing) jigs and catches this guy!!

16carolefish2.jpg

We then spent some time casting into lily pads and weeds...and fishnsled had all the action from here on. He must have landed another 5 or 6 fish in there...to our none...LOL.

Fishnsled landed about 2 dozen fish today...he really did put a show on for us today. This was the first time for us on this lake, and it was an amazing experience for us. We'll be back here for sure in the canoe, to see what we can catch another time.

Thanks a lot fishnsled...it's always a pleasure fishing with you. You've taught us a LOT about fishing and for that we are grateful! We'll all be hooking up again in a few weeks....he's invited us out to target muskie...and hopefully we'll be able to boat some....ahhh....cant wait!!!

Nice report Cliff.............Geeze, I just finished listening to your guitar solo on the other post (awesome Bud)

You an Bly look to have had a great day out there with Will......Ive not fished with him YET but know him to be a stand-up, solid guy. Wtg Bud.

He mentioned you while we were out fishing...saying that he really wants to fish with you and that schedules just haven't worked out as of yet. You wont be disappointed...he's a great guy!

Who is the good looking guy with the great hair do?! :rolleyes: I'd leave the hat off any day to catch the numbers I had first thing in the morning. Great report as always Cliff. It certainly was a great day and was nice to be sharing the boat with you and Bly again. Don't be buying up all those baits now, I ran out of the secret colour by the end of the day and have got to get some more myself! LOL! Well I guess I can tell them the secret bait, it was the Vibra Bat lure!!! Who would have thunk it! :whistling::D

Thanks again for the great lunch Bly, it was awesome! :thumbsup_anim: We'll do it again it a couple of weeks.

BrickNblock - don't forget to give me a shout and we'll set something up.