Bronte Creek

mistaredone

Hey guys, Ive been putting my time in at bronte creek throwing the whole tackle box at these fish with no luck. Wednesday there were no fish at the pier and to my amazement they were in the river in the hundreds above and around the sanctuary. Today I go back to the river with proper gear and the river was bear so back I go to the pier where the water was alive with fish jumping. Now this is my first year salmon fishing and have limited knowledge. My question is are these jumping fish feeding when they jump and if so what are they eating. I'm fishing between 8-12 in the morning, do the fish turn off during that time? If anyone has a boat 175 feet off shore looks like the place to be.

Try fishing at night time.

use glow in the dark cleos and u might have some success.

I was there last week one day, and saw 3-4 fish caught within half an hour, and then afterwards it just died down.

Good luck.

I am heading to bronte myself friday night and couple of other friends.

Hopefully we`ll hook into some fish

Most of the cleos work out there and some of the Jointed raps in bright colours can be good too... I havent been out for a while though so far only seen 2 landed of the half dozen times i have been out... maybe we'll get some rain soon and theyll start moving... see yas out there and GL

Most of the cleos work out there and some of the Jointed raps in bright colours can be good too... I havent been out for a while though so far only seen 2 landed of the half dozen times i have been out... maybe we'll get some rain soon and theyll start moving... see yas out there and GL

BINGO!!! Try a J-13 in green. I saw one lonely trooper in the creek the other day, don't know where those other 99 went. :dunno: Maybe they got lucky and swam up the creek safely :rolleyes:

In the past we have had luck with the. flatfish & the kwickfish,in the medium size :worthy: as well as our best lure for casting from shore or a pier is a rapala ratlin spot... :worthy: ..they are amazing and all that vibration,and noise drives them crazy,we even run them off in-line boards as well as a few feet down off the riggers for fish that are stacked off the creeks & pires......they really work,give them a try cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

try a shotgun.those tight lipped nooks &^** me off been down to the mouth 3 times lost 4 cleos and one nook swam under the "cable" in the harbour.not sure what triggers them thier either on or not more often thier not. had much more success last season they where staging in closer maybe cause its been so hot.

I was out on the Pier tonight and only saw one fish spool a guy and a few jumping ..

As for myself, I managed a 951 Lbs 3 seater Seadoo with a couple on it.. I was casting the mouth of the pier when I made one cast and with the wind against me, the cast went a little higher than I anticipated.. Just at that moment, this guy comes whipping through and I look and think start reeling like a you know what ?? Too late, braided line went up over the Seadoo, hit the guy in the face and my drag it was just a screaming.. I really don't know how my Cleo didn't hook either of them.. (Made me very nervous) They guy turned around and called me everything in the book and that's when a guy fishing behind me let him have a few words on racing through the mouth..

Nice to have a couple of good vocal cords on my side and to those guys there tonight,

I THANK YOU !!

So this is how my first time at the Bronte Pier went, I'll be back soon.. (maybe)

Tiz

I was out on the Pier tonight and only saw one fish spool a guy and a few jumping ..

As for myself, I managed a 951 Lbs 3 seater Seadoo with a couple on it.. I was casting the mouth of the pier when I made one cast and with the wind against me, the cast went a little higher than I anticipated.. Just at that moment, this guy comes whipping through and I look and think start reeling like a you know what ?? Too late, braided line went up over the Seadoo, hit the guy in the face and my drag it was just a screaming.. I really don't know how my Cleo didn't hook either of them.. (Made me very nervous) They guy turned around and called me everything in the book and that's when a guy fishing behind me let him have a few words on racing through the mouth..

Nice to have a couple of good vocal cords on my side and to those guys there tonight,

I THANK YOU !!

So this is how my first time at the Bronte Pier went, I'll be back soon.. (maybe)

Tiz

That just made my day. Good night.

LOL at least you caught something.

too bad you didnt have one of those J-11`s on with two sets of treble hooks on, you`d hook him right in the mouth haha.

I was hoping that the fishing wouldn`t be that tough and that there would be more fish swimming around.

Plus i hoped for some rain and cooler weather so they start moving around again and maybe become more aggressive.

We`ll find out tonight

There's not that much of a trick to catching salmon at Bronte, it get hot and get slow, but there's always biting fish around.

Time'O'Day: This is probaly the single most crucial thing. 08:00 and on (once the sun is full up) is probaly the WORST time. During the day you can catch fish off bottom, but casting lures it is MUCH better at night. 9pm to midnight is okay, but 3am-6am will ALWAYS be better fishing. If you're a married day person, your wife will understand you setting the alarm for 3am if she loves you enough :D

Lures: This is all you need:

SalmonBaits.jpg

I make my own Glo lures, but Bronte Outdoors has a decent selection of good spoons pretty reasonable. Use a longer, heavier rod. 10' medium stiff with 20lb line is my preferance, but shorter is fine. I'd definitely go with heavier over lighter though.

Just put your time in, and talk to the regulars. Once they see your face a few times most will be more than open with tips & hints. Go down regulare after dinner, put a few hours in every night, and you'll get bit.

Woohoo for salmon season! :D

Bronte1.jpg