Port Maitland Sunday

LeXXington

Sunday at Port Maitland

A long weekend, light winds and the wardens blessing it was planned.. Ok the planning started Saturday afternoon but that’s Kids and married life for you.

Up at 5:30am on Sunday, dog was in the truck ready to go.. Lunched out of Port Maitland about 8am and head out in search of the Erie Walleye.

Started doing all the tricks of the trade. The problem when you are on a lake that you really would love to fish more is you only have so much time to try everything. Was changing up every 40 min. only a couple bumps enough to release the down rigger.

Around 11:30 figure ok maybe head up to the dam. Those drinking coffee may wish to finish before reading this.

I pulled up the lead core and released the downrigger, Wait there is some weight at the end of this.. Oh and its fighting.. A walleye finally.

I bring it up too the boat, reach down with the net while holding the rod. Rod is bent over walleye is in the net.. Walleye wiggles. Unhooks Erie deary..

Have you ever wondered why fishermen where eye covering glasses even when its not too sunny. Here is why!!!

The 3/4 weight Erie deary that I was using with the tension of the rod bent over dislodges from the walleye flies at top speed hitting me between the eyes. After the momentary shock of being dinged the star's stopped doing the tweety song. Something is still wrong.. tweety is finished but there is still pain.

Those who know what an Erie Deary looks like will know what follows the weight. YEAP.. A Long hook and where was that.. Firmly lodged up my nose.

So I reach up pull the hook, with the worm still on it out.. YES IT HURT

Rest of the day just a few perch and a nice sheep's head but of a great day on the water with the Dog :)

Wife could not stop laughing when she heard what happened.

med_gallery_106_92_11067.jpg

OOOOUUUUUCCCCHHHHHHH.....o-u-c-h !!!!!!!! :unsure::blink::glare::dunno::huh::w00t: man i can feel your pain,dam that hurts,i got a hook caught in my ear when i was young,and i know how that felt,but yes you are right and fishermen should always wear glassesbe glad it wasnt in your eye..anyway great report,hope you are better soon....cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing: