my alarm clock does it again...grrrrrr

snagmaster

hey all, just wanted to vent abit...was suppose to go fishing with iceguy today and be at his house for 6....set my new alarm clock for 5 ...piece of crap never went off...Ive used it 10 times atleast and it just decided not to work...POOR iceguy...i feel like crap...sorry bud...now im sitting at home on my last day off before school and have noone to go fishing with .....booooo...this sucks....im having some bad luck

That is why on fishing days I do the double back up wake up system... Set the Alarm and have the person I am fishing with call me with a wake up call or the other way around depending on who gets up first... means no one is waiting around wondering!

Sorry to hear you missed out on a day of fishing though...

Cheers,

Jen

test the alarm 5 times in a row now and see if it works. If it does, maybe you have the same problem as many people: alarm goes off and you turn it off so quickly it doesn't even register...within seconds you are sawing logs again! I knew a guy who always had alarms that "didn't work". Now he puts his alarm on the other side of the room, requiring him to get up to turn it off, and guess what, his alarm works all the time now! The other thing that I've done is set the alarm for 5 p.m. rather than 5 a.m....man that sucks, especially when fishing was on the agenda.

You can always sleep on IceGuys front lawn or camp out in his backyard for the night - If he's a nice guy, he'll let you come inside if it's raining and feed you. At least you know you won't be late the next morning...Watch out for dogs who might think you're a fire hydrant.

I have a next door neighbor who can sleep through 2 alarms, the phone call as well. However for some reason when you pound on the door and yell that someone is stealing his car he wakes right up (might have to do with him having his car stolen 2yrs ago.....) After he gets calmed down from that he is ready to go fishing. About 2 weeks ago he slept right through the fire alarm going off in the building for 45 minutes.... was even miffed no one work him up. I told him don't worry if there really is a fire I will yell his car is being stolen ;o)

If you really think your alarm doesn't work try the trick of putting across the room. If it is the old style with a bell put it in a pot with a lid, that will definitely get your attention.

test the alarm 5 times in a row now and see if it works. If it does, maybe you have the same problem as many people: alarm goes off and you turn it off so quickly it doesn't even register...within seconds you are sawing logs again! I knew a guy who always had alarms that "didn't work". Now he puts his alarm on the other side of the room, requiring him to get up to turn it off, and guess what, his alarm works all the time now! The other thing that I've done is set the alarm for 5 p.m. rather than 5 a.m....man that sucks, especially when fishing was on the agenda.

I agree with that.. 99% of the time the alarm isn't really "didn't work" :)

When I was in university dorm, for a year, I moved my bed up, stacking it up on between a bookshelf and the window shelf. So basically the bed was like 4 feet up in the air. I put my alarm clock away from the bed on top of a dresser. In order to stop the alarm clock, I'll have to jump off the bed. First few times I over-slept, I swear it must be the stupid alarm-clock not working or I forgot to set it. But not long later I realised and had to admit to myself... nah, the clock was perfectly fine.... I was just somehow able to jump 4 feet down from the bed, stop the alarm, climb back up 4feet on to the bed so fast I didn't even have to wake up conciously..... pretty amazing yet a lil scary.

Edited by oncogene

You need an alarm clock to wake up for a fishing trip????????????? Whuddup wid dat?

Use the old native trick and drink lots of water before you go to bed. Your bladder will wake you up.

Has to be water, booze doesn't work the same way.

You need an alarm clock to wake up for a fishing trip?????????????

that is a very good point! I always end up leaving an hour early for fishing trips because I'm too excited to get a proper sleep! Only thing that delays me is when I have set a meeting time with a partner...then I end up "playing" with lures and reels at 3:30 in the morning until they show up at 5 am. Wife thinks I'm freakin nuts...she's a smart woman.

The only thing about calling your fishing partner is waking up everybody else in the house too (not a good start to the day!).

Try a double alarm, one by the bed and another one that you have to cross the room to get, set 5 min later. The first one wakes you, just remember to turn off the other one. If the first one doesn't work, then you've got the second one.

But I usually don't need an alarm the day I'm going fishing -- though I set one just in case -- I'm usually awake early!

Mike

I cant sleep the night before a trip either!

Like others on the board, when I was in university, I put the alarm clock on the other side of the room. I swear that I would turn the thing off in my sleep and not even realize it! I put my alarm clock right close to the door, so I'd have to get up out of bed...once there, the shower was closer than my bed, so that was added incentive...LOL.

I put my alarm clock right close to the door, so I'd have to get up out of bed...once there, the shower was closer than my bed, so that was added incentive...LOL.

put the alarm clock right under the shower... and rig up a motion-sensor shower-head.... that would work!

I used to get up no problem for school we were apprentices and attendance meant getting a full pay check from EI. If you missed a class or were late you got docked money.... It was a very good incentive.

I usually only wind up with about 3 hrs max sleeping time before going fishing and haven't been late yet. I often beat the alarm and get mad that I can't call some fishing buddies to tell them we are leaving early but then that is where OFC comes in.... just spend a bit of time checking it out and the radar of course.

Edited by Canuck2fan

I cant sleep the night before a trip either!

Like others on the board, when I was in university, I put the alarm clock on the other side of the room. I swear that I would turn the thing off in my sleep and not even realize it! I put my alarm clock right close to the door, so I'd have to get up out of bed...once there, the shower was closer than my bed, so that was added incentive...LOL.

I am like Cliff never have a problem cause after I get ready for the next day its late and then I can't sleep.

My new back up is my son he always sets his alarm. :Gonefishing: