Need to purchase a couple new rods..

Gerritt

Well... the title pretty much sums it up..

I need to purchase a couple of trolling rods, something that can handle dipsey's etc..

Anyone know of a half decent rod within a resonable budget?

Looking forward to your advice!

Gerritt.

Cheap linecounter dipsy setup...

Daiwa Heartland 8' Dipsy rod with a Daiwa Accudepth PLUS will run you around $100. The Accudepth PLUS model is leaps and bounds better than the old Accudepth reel. The Heartland rods are an excellent value.

-Brian

I agree Heartland & TDRs are reasonably priced & bullet proof

The Accudepths & Okuma Magdas will do the job, but if your gonna do a little more trolling then just 2 trips a year to Quinte, do yourself a favor & get Convectors or Sealine linecounters - speaking from experience

Are Shakespeare's any good? never used them...not sure what the reel was....cruised into LeBaron's today to start getting an idea of what I'll need and they had a couple of combos for $40-$50. just wondering if I'll get what I pay for...hate to cut a weeknd short because of junk

Dont forget BIG crank baits.Like Stretchman 20s,or 30s,big Walleye divers and even some nice size spoons.Planner boards and even some keel weights or clip on wiegths.

any colours to look for?

I will look at linecounters as well.

Thanks guys!

Gerritt.

Gerritt,the guys got everything covered...i sent you a pm about some stuff you need,as well make sure you get at least 2 in-line boards,if they are the offshore brand there is a left and a right....as well as a selection of snap-weights,they are a must,and if you get the precision trolling book,it will give you dive curves and for how much line gets certain lures to what depth...its amazing,make sure you get your reels spooled up with 10lb trilene clear big-game with at least a 25ft flouro leader,its a deadly combination thats what pound test the book uses for all the lures...its the 8th edition...i can show you some other things once we get to merland park as well....cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

Gerritt,the guys got everything covered...i sent you a pm about some stuff you need,as well make sure you get at least 2 in-line boards,if they are the offshore brand there is a left and a right....as well as a selection of snap-weights,they are a must,and if you get the precision trolling book,it will give you dive curves and for how much line gets certain lures to what depth...its amazing,make sure you get your reels spooled up with 10lb trilene clear big-game with at least a 25ft flouro leader,its a deadly combination thats what pound test the book uses for all the lures...its the 8th edition...i can show you some other things once we get to merland park as well....cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

Holy crap... I think I am getting in over my head.. LOL... Thanks Shawn!

Ok... my shopping List...

TDR rods..

Clamp on Rod Holders

Planer Boards

Assorted Lures

Snap Weights

Fluoro

10lb Trilene

Basspro does not know what is going to hit them!

Gerritt.

Holy crap... I think I am getting in over my head.. LOL... Thanks Shawn!

Ok... my shopping List...

TDR rods..

Clamp on Rod Holders

Planer Boards

Assorted Lures

Snap Weights

Fluoro

10lb Trilene

Basspro does not know what is going to hit them!

Gerritt.

Don't forget those planer boards have a left and a right and you may want a worm harness or two! Sounds like too much fun planning this! Calling Easton tonight!

Cheers

Jen