Ontario Out of Doors....

Gerritt

For those of you that have read the article would you vote for one party or another based upon our natural resources and their management..

This is not a thread to decide what party you are going to vote for (So no political bashing please)

I just want to know if you would one way over another if say the MNR was given 35 million dollars more a year and have the MNR assume control of fish Hatcheries ....

I think it would certainly sway my vote..

Gerritt.

Looking forward to reading that issue...

Each party will not fulfill their pre-election promises, so if I was to vote for any party, I guess I would vote for the one lying to me about improving the fishery over any others ;)

But it is a toss up between selecting 'None of the above' vs a party that is blatantly lying to me.

Tony

So far we've not seen one party at all put anything meaningful into the MNR since the early 1990's.

With the rising cost of healthcare and education, it is a tough sell for any party to say "We're taking this 100m and putting into fish and squirrel stuff rather than new MRI's or a cancer clinic'.

It is a tough reality.

I agree with every one so far and also think that we need to think of our resources from the Green stand point and stop polluting at every level. Not saying the green party just that whole outlook on our country. I have given these type of issues more weight in the last couple of years than ever before, maybe it's because I'm getting older maybe it's the OFC influence.

So far we've not seen one party at all put anything meaningful into the MNR since the early 1990's.

With the rising cost of healthcare and education, it is a tough sell for any party to say "We're taking this 100m and putting into fish and squirrel stuff rather than new MRI's or a cancer clinic'.

It is a tough reality.

It is also a tough reality that if we dont do it... we risk losing Billions to our Economy... Both in direct fishing tourist cash.. but the economy our fishing tourists create.. 10's of thousands of jobs would be effected.. especially hard hit would be northern ontario.. From Dock boy to TJ's Marketing business... It would go right up the line as lodges close because our waters have become fishless wastelands...

a sad state of affairs.. The MNR is a vital part of our economy.. The conservatives started the ball rolling in Slashing their budget... The liberals added about a dozen more CO's... Problem is they just dont have the funding... We need more $$, a better method of control for how $$ is spent and Officers hired to ensure the North does not go bankrupt (Tourists)... as it is right now with softwood and the cancellation of the Spring Bear Hunt...

If things continue as they are Look forward to a MASS migration towards Toronto...

Something needs to be done and while our opinions here on OFC do little... we can affect change.. with our votes!

Gerritt.

Edited by Gerritt

Yes im glad that OOD, did that in this months issue.. :clapping: .and yes it will make a huge factor when i vote thats for dam sure :wallbash: !!!!!!! it goes along way to show who really cares about the state of our fisheries here in ontario.. :dunno::unsure: .everyone should read it,if i know how to copy it i would its a good read cheers AND AS A MEMBER MYSELF THEY ARE ALL WE GOT IN THE FRONT LINES TO FIGHT FOR US TOO....