Proper Way To Dispose Of Shotgun Shells?

ScarSnake

Where are ya.If your close I,ll take them.

I get drunk the odd time.LMAO

Serious,if you near Barrie,I,ll take them.

Give shotgun shells to a drunk stranger? From Barrie? Ooooookkaaaayyyyy! :blink::unsure:

A phone call to LeBaron sounds like a good idea, since they're fairly close by (I'm in west Toronto).

Thanks for this post. I asked this very same question about 4 yrs. ago to another guy, verbally. Now I know.

Give em all to Brian, and don't look back, lol.

No, seriously, ask the police to dispose of them.

If you're comfortable handling them...

You can cut the crimped end off the plastic and dump the shot out, then the gunpowder (note: don't cut through the steel part lol). Once disassembled they won't go "boom".

Flush the powder down the toilet and save the primers (what's left in the steel/brass end - don't try to remove these) for the next time you have an outdoor fire - they're like small firecrackers.

Edited by Northhunter

If you're comfortable handling them...

You can cut the crimped end off the plastic and dump the shot out, then the gunpowder (note: don't cut through the steel part lol). Once disassembled they won't go "boom".

Flush the powder down the toilet and save the primers (what's left in the steel/brass end - don't try to remove these) for the next time you have an outdoor fire - they're like small firecrackers.

Not sure I'd say they're like small firecrackers.........more like a huge friggen bang!!! Those primers are LOUD when they go off!! Nothing like a firecracker..... :dunno:

Just drop them off at a local ammo dealer.....they will use them up.

Sinker

Not sure I'd say they're like small firecrackers.........more like a huge friggen bang!!! Those primers are LOUD when they go off!! Nothing like a firecracker..... :dunno:

Just drop them off at a local ammo dealer.....they will use them up.

Sinker

I guess they can be pretty loud - they make them to varying degrees of "hotness". Cancel that last suggestion if you don't live in a rural area.

We threw nearly a hundred into a fire pit with a good bed of coals once... :huh:

My dad had some shells kicking around for years.

I took them to the nearest police station.

They just got some basic info and I was on my way.

Or........give 'em to Brian after he's had a few and run like mad. :wacko:

Yes, I'm joking. :rolleyes: