How much is 20-25 mm of rain?

Guest Johnny Bass

Basically going to rain all day? Looks like i aint goin fishin tomorrow! :angry:

Not really any of my business Johnny B, but I'm just curious as to why you'd cancel a day of fish'n just because it's gonna rain.

Some of my best days of catching have been on some of the most miserable days of weather.

The day will be dull with probably a nice chop on the water and most of the other boaters will be at work, so you'll have the waters to yerself. Put on your rainsuit, preferably Gore-Tex, and go out and enjoy the day. :thumbsup_anim:

The equivalent in snow is 20 to 25 centimeters. So, I'd say it's a lot. I just looked at historical weather for Toronto...June and July each had about 45mm of rain total....so if we do get 20 to 25mm, then that's half that amount...all in one day.

Leave the rod up in a holder so your head isn't the highest thing in the boat.

I don't know how big his boat is but having been on a pier one morning where lightning struck a lamp-post about 25ft away I can safely say I sure wouldn't want to be on anything less than the QEII using that strategy..... LOL