Smallie Report

darsky

Fished the St Lawrence with a local bass legend Mark Currie. This is Mark's first year fishing in his new fishing machine-Ranger 621 VS-THE Ulimate big water boat. If a million dollars dropped from the sky and landed in my lap,I know that this boat will be on my shopping list. We launched around 8 am and the lake/river greeted us with 3 fters. Started off throwing small jerkbaits over sand/rock piles. Took a while to boat my first but it was a real beauty and turned out to be the best of the day-22 inches almost 6 lbs. That fish brought up a pod of about 8 more fish all around the same size.If Mark wasn't netting my fish his tube would have been out there so fast..... Marker bouy out to harrass them later on. Quite soon the winds picked even more and we were gently drifting along while 4 fters and the occasional 5 swept past. It was apparent that we were the only boat out there. A few more 4's and high 4's were landed as well as some skippies too. Many follow ups were seen and some took a quickly dropped tube ( always have one ready). If we were to weigh in our best 5 today-it would have been between 22-24 lbs. As we were driving home Mark's cell rings.None other than Bob Izumi calling while practicing on Champlain for a tournement looking for some advice.You know you are fishing with the right guy when that happens.What a great day. Pics coming of my best ones and a shot of Mark and his rig

CADGMTTR.jpg

Picture1967.jpg

CAB2CRF1.jpg

CAEN63ID.jpg

CAM7C12Z.jpg