An ATV Ride through the Nevada Desert (NF)

Guest mistyriver1

Guest mistyriver1

I've been meaning to post this all week but finally had some time this evening. Last weekend as a surprise for our wedding anniversary and my birthday, my wife surprised me with a trip to Las Vegas. We really couldn't afford it but since we've been married this is only the second time we've ever been away alone since the kids have been born.

We're not big gamblers so we did a lot of sight seeing and took this one day trip of a lifetime. We took an ATV ride through the Valley of Fire State Park. It was a 28 mile track and alot of fun. For the three days we were there the weather was 108, 104 and 100 degrees respectively. The thing there is that there is no humidity which is awesome. It's still plenty warm but without the humidity its alot more bearable.

Anyways here's some pics of the ATV ride of a lifetime...

Getting ready to go..

102_1120.jpg

102_1118.jpg

This is the vehicle we followed which had our lunch and water in it...

102_1122.jpg

The start of some of the awesome scenery...This is where they filmed the desert scenes in the Star Wars trilogy. We're also near the famous Area 51!!

102_1124.jpg

Our first rest stop. Tom (the tour guide) showing Sue some of the animals and plants that are in the desert.

102_1125.jpg

:o:o

102_5769.jpg

102_5749.jpg

I had 5 bottles of water on the trip which lasted 3 1/2 hours, never even had to pee once.

102_5763.jpg

A stop in a valley.....

102_1134.jpg

102_1139.jpg

102_1138.jpg

102_1151.jpg

We stopped for lunch in a nice shaded spot...

102_1142.jpg

While we were having lunch, a pack of desert mountain goats appeared in the mountain ahead of us !!!

102_1145.jpg

A truly awesome day I will remember for the rest of my life.

102_5767.jpg

102_5757.jpg

If you ever head to Vegas, I'd highly recommend trying this. At a $150, it's a bargain.

Jim

Damn, that sure is a lot of ATV's on that truck and that's the baddest looking 'beware of snakes' sign I've ever seen. :D

That's not a bad deal for $150. Do you have a link or company name for the ATV guys? I know my brother is heading down to vegas in the fall and he'd probably jump at the chance to do that kind of thing.

Do you have a link or company name for the ATV guys? I know my brother is heading down to vegas in the fall and he'd probably jump at the chance to do that kind of thing.

Hi canadianguy33, i am doing this for my Dad (mistyriver1) as he can not see OFC from his work.

http://www.atvlasvegas.com/tourinfo.php

Tell him to ask for Tommy Wong (Operator), tell him that Jim and Sue from Toronto referred him.

Hope this help,

Mistyjr1