10 Miles out!!! lake ontario report

fishindevil

Well i have to get my pics all in order,we went out today with a freind of mine who is one of the outdoor writers for ontario out of doors,magazine,so i took him for a day of fishing for rainbows & cohos as he is going to do a big section on open water steelhead & cohos out in the blue zone....meaning way out 10 miles plus !!!!!!well we nailed them big time out in 300ft aprox 11miles out we went 10for 13 all a mix of bows and cohos all between 5-13lbs,as my buds in 2 charter boats went out to,450ft they caught over 30 fish today....man the bite was on big time,all were taken about 45ft down and 60ft down over 260ft of water and almost 300ft of water. we were using spoons,cut-bait,and atomic trolling flies,and most were caught off the riggers,with a few from the wire dipsey rods,...the cut-bait has been working well early in the morning also michigan stinger spoons,like the hawg wild and the NBK spoon,i have also fished from port credit,port hope ,whitby,and ,port newcastle so im still trying to get a fish for the derby board as is alot of us die-hards that are always there year after year,its been a different year on lake ontario with temps all over the scale from 39 degrees in july,and ya thats only a few degrees above freezing,to 70 degrees at 70ft down,we are also getting kings deeper than ever some fish are comming from 120ft down over 250ft of water these depths are very uncommon,oh well thats why we are always adapting our fishing programs ,.i have been out about 20times since my last report,as i have not had time yet to do the pics and all the reports but there are alot....i have fished almost 35 days straight with only about 2 days a week where im not out on lake ontario i have been helping crew on my buds charter boat,and been guiding like i did today,so its been a real busy summer so far .....we have caught tons of chinook salmon and some real nice rainbows and if i took pics of every fish and did a report everytime it would all look the same so here a few ....cant wait for a few weeks for some big late summer walleyes & big muskies....cheers

30.10ChinookSalmonjuly107055.jpg

30.10ChinookSalmonjuly107056.jpg

30.10ChinookSalmonjuly107057.jpg

30-6.jpg

salmonfishingpics053-1.jpg

30.10ChinookSalmonjuly107048.jpg

salmonfishingpics058-1.jpg

30.10ChinookSalmonjuly107051.jpg

SalmonwithTimeOff017.jpg

SalmonwithTimeOff034.jpg

salmonfishingpics037.jpg

salmonfishingpics046.jpg

Edited by fishindevil

~~~~~great post and fantastic pics, how is the water flea problem like out there. Was thunken I give it a shot this weekend, but getting tired of trying to fight phish, and clean lines at the same time, is there a secert

Edited by oldphart