Huge Pike

Jay T

Don't know who this is but just got it in an e-mail. Thought I might share the pics. What a monster pike. Supposed it attacked a 36" pike that the guy had on, and would not let go of it. He did not hook the monster pike. It weighed in at 55lbs.

image0011.jpg

image0022.jpg

Edited by outdoorsman

That picture of the "bite" look pretty photoshoped to me.

All the rippples in the water are identical....

and around end of the mouth of the big fish just doesnt look right.

I think someone is using photoshop to play with our minds!

Actually that pike was caught on Toronto Island 4 years ago. It was fairly far out by the ferry dock, but I saw him bring it in and take those pictures. Huge!

U sure about that?? I've heard otherwise... Also, that doesn't look like the T.O. ferry docks or anything around the islands..and I know that areas really well

I heard it was either Poland or france, or soemthing like that

I think the world record pike came out of french waters... monde dieu

wish I could find a pic of someone beating a dead horse

:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

here ya go....

gallery_80_27_39830.gif

The stick man should be beating the horse but because I` m computer illiterate it`s not working as a gif. ???

I tried :dunno:

any ideas???

Doug

Its funny, I have seen that pike pic (I believe it is from Norway) on the net so many times, then last weekend when we went into the tackle shop in Bronte, it was tacked to the wall with all the other local pics of people holding fish. Paul and I had a good chuckle.

Joey

You can see a number of pictures of pike that size, along with the name of this angler and more pictures of that fish in the past winter issue of Esox Angler. And yeah, it was caught in Holland.

I've heard it's from Rainy Lake... LOTW... Winnipeg area... and now even Toronto Harbour. Pfffft. :blahblah1: My nieghbour just down the street even tried to pass it off as one of his "cousins friends" fish. It grows tiresome, but I guess we should all get used to it, cause with internet the next big catch from anywhere across the globe might as well be the biggun from your local pond.