Report from Jiggy

Its been a while since Ive had something to report.. but we finally.. finally made it up To Camp Jiggy Jiggy.  It was winter of challenges, and a spring of projects we couldn't get away from but finally after 7 months we are back..  It always amazes me how well the place holds up in our absence.  Last year I installed a camera with cell service outside, and added a solar panel  the battery made it to the end of Feb before it died.. but had manages to take a charge again and reset it self late march.  Its really quite nice to see the pace all winter long and know all is well. The camera overlooks the river as well.  The one couple we know locally used to comedown here to fish occasionally, but they retired in the fall and moved away.  Its the beginning of july and the camera hasn't picked up a boat or a canoe on the river yet.  So for now at least we have our little stretch all to ourselves again, something Im very grateful for.  We've had the place for about 18 years now i think and i know its selfish, but its hard to share lol.

here are some pics for everyone.  

My mug.. yes i need to shave... 

IMG_20240706_145816_HDR.jpg

My view from my office this morning..

IMG_20240707_101604_HDR.jpg

Had to clear the trail in as always every year.  The kids got me this Milwaukee chainsaw this year..  honestly for light to medium work its a game changer.

IMG_20240706_174412_HDR.jpg

Ill never ever tire of the view up the river

IMG_20240706_161748_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240706_205145_HDR.jpg

Fishing is still as good as ever, maybe even better this year.. theres a nice size year class of pike that's prevalent in our space that  are all about 30 inches, and some like Moniques best yesterday are a bit bigger:

this one went right back in the water:

IMG_20240706_145042_HDR~2.jpg

LOL.. this one diddnt...

IMG_20240706_191014_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240706_191011_HDR.jpg

Creek is still coughing up dace which we used last night to get four eating sized pickeral.  After all this time bigger pickeral still elude me, but we have at least found some spots for some for eating.   Still cant find the bigguns though.

IMG_20240706_175212_HDR.jpg

So that's it for now.. gonna be a hot one up here..

oh and last but not least...   they look silly but on a breezeless day saved our afternoon from baking in the boat.. although we had trouble not laughing at each other.....

IMG_20240706_141620_HDR~2.jpg

• Like 13

Not only that, I was wondering what I was going to have for supper. Now I know seeing the fish and chips on the burners in cast iron, the only way to fry them. They won't be as fresh as yours but I can't wait. Thanks for that, LOL.

8 minutes ago, Barry Willis said:

Not only that, I was wondering what I was going to have for supper. Now I know seeing the fish and chips on the burners in cast iron, the only way to fry them. They won't be as fresh as yours but I can't wait. Thanks for that, LOL.

Lol.. glad I could help. 

Nice, what river you on?  I’m using the Milwaukee M12 9 inch saw on the bike now.  Small but mighty.  The electric saws are pretty darn amazing for clearing trail of minor impediments.

Hey TJ, I love these posts and remember the first year that you posted pics from there. We are all getting older but still enjoying life!

Question, if you turn Monique upside down in the boat with that hat on, how many channels can you get? :)

On 7/8/2024 at 12:22 AM, porkpie said:

Nice, what river you on?  I’m using the Milwaukee M12 9 inch saw on the bike now.  Small but mighty.  The electric saws are pretty darn amazing for clearing trail of minor impediments.

Montreal....  up near Matachewan.  I have a smaller one as well, but for getting in to camp theres a few 16 inch trees to deal with sometimes...

On 7/8/2024 at 6:26 AM, Spiel said:

That chain saw might might be able to clean you up a bit, scruffy.  😁

Nothing can help this mess buddy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1