Are People Eating Fish ???

I wouldn't risk it either, they still trying to figure out on what happened to carp :wallbash:

even on a good day I catch&release 90% of my fish, it all depends if I feel that fish isn't going to survive due to hook-set, or long fight, then I take it :Gonefishing:

I certainly wouldn't be eating anything from the lakes that are experiencing the Carp die-off. And now we are hearing that toxin levels in Lake O fish is significantly higher that initially thought. :w00t:

Is any food safe to eat?

Is any food safe to eat?

if you listen to what the banana scientists have to say about everything we'd be drinking nothing but water and eating nothing but plain rice....

seems like everything will kill us, so we might as well enjoy it while be can. :thumbsup_anim:

you have ot wonder though......carp are pretyt tough and versitile fish that can survive in almost any conditions. i would have thought they would have been the last fish effected by this.

Hope it works out for all the fish.

Just because of that, I am being optimistic, and calling it a carp only virus. If it spread that fast, killing all those fish.....there would be other species floating in the bog by now.......one would think anyways......? I've seen nothing but carp on the scugog river and sturgeon lake so far.....but it is moving up the chain quickly.

Sinker

Well...

It seems that most of those Chinese (no offense to those who are...) fishing from Lake Scugog take whatever they can... mostly panfish & bass.

Oh yeah... should we be worrying about our fresh drinking water now too ?

I personally boil all my drinking water. (well more like a really light flavored tea)

Oh and should we have the results by now? it's been more than two weeks now?

Edited by mikeymikey

It makes no difference, it's called metabolism, none of what the fish eat ends up in the flesh,

fish is mostly water and barely any blood lines [veines ]running through the flesh. but a little more so in the salmon families. if properly cooked there is'nt any problems. Kinda like salmonella or hoof and mouth, or even Mad Cow.

Fish like humans have kidneys a liver and such to filter and discharge any unusable food sources.

Unless yer talkin heavy metal contamination like mercury , lead. you should be safe.

Like a Dump Bear ther meat is just a good to eat{ the taste may be affected}. but is as just a nutritious as a prairie Bear or a woodlot Bear. Just don't eat the organs[ but who would?].

But why are the carp dying ? any answres from the MNR?

If you guys have got a form of SVCV or other disease it may make sense to start disinfecting nets etc after use we have or had dip troughs where basically anything that came into contact with the fishes mucus membrane ( the slime) had to be dipped, no idea what was in the troughs looked awful though I have no idea whether or not you ought to eat fish from an infected area but with all the grief we have had Ecoli, chicken what ever, mad cow etc I certainly wouldn't

Dang !!!...Now you got me wonderin'...As reported earlier I caught a 2 1/2 largemouth in Pigeon Lake...(not my favorite to eat) but had it been a couple of smallmouth in that size range...I would have had a hard time deciding as I do like smallie fillets...

Sure wish they would hurry up and let us know what is killing the carp and if our waters/fish are potable/eatable...

Did not see any dead carp anywhere in Tait's Bay while driftfishing...

Edited by Beans