Fishing is hard work!

Jen

It has been a while since I have posted and that is because I haven't managed to catch any fish... Although I have been working pretty hard at it.

Went out with Sonny a couple of weekends ago, opening weekend for bass. He picked me up in Port Maitland on Lake Erie with my youngest son, spent a couple of hours trolling... which to a little one is rather boring, unless of course your Uncle lets you drive the boat! No fish though.

DSC02178.jpg

Then I spent a couple of days up North on Mountain lake getting our place ready for Canada Day weekend... we have a 12 ft aluminum boat up there, and a little motor that has sat in the garage for 6 years. Wasn't sure it would work and the boat needed a little work but with a little help from friends it all came together nicely...

We invited about 30 ppl to come and join us camping for the weekend... the pictures will give you an idea of how the weekend went... Although there were no fish, I can not say there was any lack of trying.

The drive lures ready!

DSC02180.jpg

Easton and the boys helping to set up

DSC02189.jpg

First Nights Sunset

DSC02291.jpg

Getting that motor ready... and it ran, unbelieveable!

DSC02262.jpg

Easton replacing the wood on the boat

DSC02260.jpg

Instant dock ( needed to cover all the swamp grass to get the boat in the water) Thanks to the guy on Hwy 6 that sells skids... great idea!

DSC02203.jpg

finally in the water, (don't laugh, those waiters kept the leaches off ) Easton couldn't stop laughing.

DSC02268.jpg

He was much cuter!

DSC02266.jpg

Bass here we come! (Huge bass, we could see them, threw everything at them and not one was interested... )

DSC02267.jpg

So we figured some live bait might work... grab kids and off we go

DSC02384.jpg

DSC02387.jpg

DSC02401.jpg

A stop at boat lake to see what they were catching

DSC02406.jpg

Then a little more bait hunting, all we came up with was a painted turtle :( That the little boy in the picture above caught on a hook and worm. Not great for bait but the kids loved watching it for a while.

DSC02405.jpg

Sonny making the world warmer.

DSC02300.jpg

Me and the boys after a long day of camping, fishing and not catching at the camp fire...mmm smores!

DSC02327.jpg

Heading home

DSC02379.jpg

Once home and unpacked my need to catch fish was still there... so I headed off to Lake Ontario to see if I could manage a perch or two... seems this wasn't my weekend for fishing, but the sunsets were rather beautiful...

DSC02407.jpg

Thanks to Easton , Sonny and everyone else who joined my family for the weekend... It was an awesome time! Happy Canada Day everyone.

Hopefully my next report will include fish!

Cheers,

Jen

Well I don't feel so bad now lol. Nice pics of your holiday weekend with family. Love the black and white one and that campfire is definitely my kind of fire. I have no doubt you will soon be bringing those fish in therefore little need to wish you luck.

Jen...Great report even though nothing was caught. Guess that's why it's called "fishing" and not "catching". It's great just to get out there, especially with family. You are one cool mom and your kids will grow up and remember all those great fishing trips you took them on...and then pass it down to their children one day :)

The skunk will be gone soon...that's my prediction....I'll expect to see some fish by....let's say....Sunday! LOL

Nice story Jen nice pic's. To catching fish is why you went, a bonus is catching the fish, but most important, its to stand at ahww in what you see that brings warmth to your heart. After seeing the moon on Fri night, it will always be a little more special from now on

Hey Victor,

Those Lures in my car come off the side of my fishing bag as I am heading home... getting a huge collection... one of these days they will get back in the tackle box... LOL

Nancy, you are right, Black and White photos always turn out so much nicer... The fires up north are always amazing... although this weekend we needed them for warmth ...

I will anxiously await your next catch and report!

Cliff - I guess that means I am going to have to try extra hard to make your predictions come true... (and stop using those dang preserved minnows in a bag, although they do fit nicely in my purse!)

Ken - That moon was amazing! I am trying to remember to capture the beautiful moments on my camera, stay still long enough to see what is hard to see... thank you for that advice.

Family time means the world to me... when I am 80 these memories will keep a smile on my face!

Thanks for the replies everyone. This is an awesome community!~

Cheers,

Jen

Ah h h h h . . . . . . our resident photojournalist / fisherperson is back! Looks like a gr r r r r e a t spot, even if the fish weren't co-operating. But I don't understand one thing . . . . why wear the waders? Those leaches are great bait . . . . all you have to do is get a few people to stand in the water for a little while . . . . then come out and pick the leaches off? Ready-made leach catchers?

Great report and pics Jen .Love the shot with you and your 2 boys we can really tell who the mom is with matching eyes just like mom's.

Looks like alot of fun turtles crayfish.Oh waiders I can't wait to see the pics of trib fishing .You are ready to fish with Cliff and Carol .Should catch some leetches they are good for walleye fishing :whistling:

Bravo MTP :clapping: