Transducer Q

GBW

Hi all question here regarding transducer # XNT 9 DI T. I am reading mixed things that this unit doesn't work the best under faster speeds. True? If so, what other unit should I be looking at for my HELIX 5 CHIRP DI GPS G2? Should I run two with a Y cable? Thanks all as this newer gear is all new to me as my last HB unit was a fishfinder 525.

Edited by GBW

I don’t know that unit but most down image/ side image transducers are meant to be used at slow speeds to map the bottom of the lake any that I have had still tell you how deep it is at high speeds just don’t give an accurate picture of the bottom.  But I would want a regular fishfinder too 

I have different makes on my dash. One I use for gps  while running the other for regular depth 

then when I’m trolling or casting i switch to other transducers 

so they don’t need to be the same make.  You could even go with one that is just a fishfinder with no gps to save money.  But of course bigger is better and the more bells and whistles the better. Lol  And if available ,the same make could be networked together  for more function 

• Like 1

I am just trying to plan for both aspects, boat and or kayak.  Boat, I can leave the 2D on for speed, unhook the head unit and have the other as a portable unit is all.  And if I can figure out a way on a boat to network a HB Helix 5 Chirp DI GPS to another HB then I am all for it too.  My Helix 5 only has the 3 plug in's on the back so I don't think I can network it BUT I haven't really looked down that path yet.  

Thanks all and please keep the input coming.  It's not like ALL of us are super busy these days so the more guidance I can get the better.  

Only if the model is G2N or G3N then they can be networked together. I have a Helix 7 G2 and i can't link it with my newer graphs which is a bummer. The units DI feature will work best until about 5mph above that it doesn't read. Even with the  highspeed ducer you won't be able to use the DI above 5mph. The high speed ducer will only read 2D at high speed . I have the stock HD ducer for my Helix 7 si and using 2D image it sometimes did read the bottom and sometimes didnt on my tiller doing at about 25mph. But at stated above it could've been where I placed it.  

• Like 1

Thanks guys.  I still have yet to figure out my plans as there is a boat I hope to see in about 30 days or so BUT I can also wait and see how things work out.  For now, asking to learn.  Please keep the feedback coming and sadly my #5 is not a G2N...