happy Easter to all

Buona Pasqua pissano to you and la' familia as well. (SIC!). No aniello this year either. I wasn't waiting in line for an hour to get a small gamba for the two of us plus my BBQ is kaput. It will have to wait when we have the 17 usual suspects for Easter dinner hopefully before the end of summer. Maybe by then we will be 18 I pray. 

My Italiano is getting worse, the Reggina Club in Hamertown is closed so I can't practice.

Happy Easter to all as well. My good friend told me it isn't Happy it's just an OK Easter this year. It would be 2 of their Grand Baby's 1st Easter. 

Edited by Old Ironmaker

43 minutes ago, Old Ironmaker said:

Buona Pasqua pissano to you and la' familia as well. (SIC!). No aniello this year either. I wasn't waiting in line for an hour to get a small gamba for the two of us plus my BBQ is kaput. It will have to wait when we have the 17 usual suspects for Easter dinner hopefully before the end of summer. Maybe by then we will be 18 I pray. 

My Italiano is getting worse, the Reggina Club in Hamertown is closed so I can't practice.

Happy Easter to all as well. My good friend told me it isn't Happy it's just an OK Easter this year. It would be 2 of their Grand Baby's 1st Easter. 

We had a drive by, and not the Gambino style! Bound Pasquale a voi anche.

I just had a wonderful easter egg hunt. I hid them yesterday and sure enough this morning  I found the note I had left for myself on the fridge telling me there was one.

Now I wish I had left a map of where I hid the darn things. This getting old is kind of fun sometimes 🤗 Whoops, just found another one LOL 😅

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Big Cliff said:

I just had a wonderful easter egg hunt. I hid them yesterday and sure enough this morning  I found the note I had left for myself on the fridge telling me there was one.

Now I wish I had left a map of where I hid the darn things. This getting old is kind of fun sometimes 🤗 Whoops, just found another one LOL 😅

You should have gotten yourself a chicken! You would have know where the eggs were.

We had a drive by, one car still to arrive. It was amazing seeing them all at once. We played by the rules and it was done in 15 minutes.

5012D8B4-F81E-4756-87EC-495F8438358E.png

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ketchenany said:

You should have gotten yourself a chicken! You would have know where the eggs were.

We had a drive by, one car still to arrive. It was amazing seeing them all at once. We played by the rules and it was done in 15 minutes.

5012D8B4-F81E-4756-87EC-495F8438358E.png

My wife talked to her good friend today. She told Tich of their drive by the Grand kids to talk to and see them this morning. The kids flipped out because they couldn't hug Nana and Papa. That breaks my heart. 

I don't know who's Honda that is. Nice ride. We called red cars "heat scores" when we were young. It is a fact more red cars were stopped for speeding than any other colour back in the day as they say. I'm not sure about today. 

That belongs to my daughter’s husband Honda Type R something. He likes his cars Keeps it in the detailing room at CT. 
He had one in the 90s I think parked in the CT lot in Woody, one of his employees asked where he went for lunch. WHAT lunch I don’t take lunches. Well your car left the lot a while back!

NEVER  found. 

5 hours ago, ketchenany said:

That belongs to my daughter’s husband Honda Type R something. He likes his cars Keeps it in the detailing room at CT. 
He had one in the 90s I think parked in the CT lot in Woody, one of his employees asked where he went for lunch. WHAT lunch I don’t take lunches. Well your car left the lot a while back!

NEVER  found. 

This new generation of millennials will be the 1st since the discovery of the wheel that their male teenaged brains don't dream about cars 24/7. I know all my pals, my brothers and every Maple Leaf loving Canadian did as a kid. I think I saw it on Motoring 2020 this will be the 1st generation that will not have the opportunity to drive a real deal manual shift car, they aren't making them any longer. Unless they drive a commercial truck there won't be any passenger cars available, I think I recall them saying 2021 will be  the last year offered on a only a few custom vehicles. Only 2 of my close friends kids care about driving and the rest of my nieces and nephews and friends could care less about what they drive, if they know how to drive at 30 something now. Then again we didn't have to pay 10 grand a year or more for insurance before we turned 25. I bought a year old Stingray when I was 23 the insurance was something like 50 bucks a month. I don't want to guess what it would be today for a 23 year old, that is IF you could find someone to insure a 23 year old driving a newer Vette. My B-I-L finally got his 750 or something horse power Dodge Hell Cat I think it is or the next one up as he was on the 200 Canadian waiting list for a few years, big $$$$, big big $$$. Well he called everyone as the entire family was there outside to his shop and did an unveiling last Christmas day. Drumroll please,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,he pushed the button and opened the garage door. All the daughters, S-I-L's and the Grand kids said it was cute and turned around to head in because it didn't impress them one iota including the boys. The topic at the table that Christmas dinner was what the carbon footprint does a 700 plus HP car make? Dianne said he was just crushed. They could care less about the car and more about it's environmental impact and that really isn't a bad thing, it's actually a very good thing. The Millennials are all getting a bum rep in my opinion. Not all of them are me, me first. Many are hard working and much more mature compared to us beer, booze, platform shoe wearin' Disco dancin' dope smoking 20 somethings in the 70's. The big difference was we could afford to waste our money and still afford the rent or buy a place to live. Those few that didn't do the above bought their kids homes for their wedding gifts with some interest free mortgages, more than a few I know in fact. 

If I had a buck as a teen and had to choose from buying a Playboy or Car and Driver I bought the Car and Driver and borrowed my Uncles Playboy for a  peek, today the kids will take that dollar and donate 50 cents to an environmental cause and invest 25 cents and live off the other 25. 

Edited by Old Ironmaker

20 hours ago, ketchenany said:

That belongs to my daughter’s husband 

Would he also be your Son in Law? I think that's close to what my ex's father called me, my daughters Italian husband. They were card carrying Scottish Orangemen complete with parade every year. I bet my grand fathers were spinning in their graves when I attended my 1st  Orangemen's parade.