Evening Fishing Report - June 29th

ccmtcanada

After spending the afternoon fishing, Bly was still eager to get out tonight with me after dinner. We convinced our oldest to put our little one to bed so we could head out a bit earlier than we normally do.

I put on my lucky Jumla gold spinner and began casting into a channel with deeper water. Two casts in and I have a fish on! It put up a great little fight and I landed my first ever Sheepshead/Fresh Water Drum!! It measured in at a nice 24.5". I said on the Justherb thread that the next fish I caught was going to be dedicated to him....I wish it was a prettier fish though.

cliffsheepshead.jpg

I was a little disappointed about a half hour later, when I snagged up on something and lost my Jumla!!!! TJ...tell Avery that we're going to place an order for 10 more....LOL.

Anyhow, I was hoping to hook into some more of those sweet trout that Bly caught yesterday, but I didn't have any luck. Bly however, had a great one on that ended up breaking her 15 pound power pro line after about it's 4th time jumping out of the water!!

We only spent a little time out there tonight...we need sleep because we are meeting up with Slowpoke bright and early tomorrow morning to hunt some Salmon out in Lake Ontario! We're very excited...hope we get sleep...LOL.

A report on that trip will come tomorrow afternoon...whether we catch anything or not.

Edited by ccmtcanada

I'm off to bed. Can't take it anymore. How do you catch so many different fish species from shore in your few hours fishing each evening!? :dunno::blush::worthy::lol:

Well done again - nice to see daylight too. To be honest Cliff that Drum looks prettier than most of the carp you catch!

Good luck tomorrow with the salmon! I feel another amazing report with pics coming our way from you guys tomorrow!

Once again congrats Cliff, it's an ugly fish I think, but it's a big one :D

I'll be looking forward to coming home from work and reading your Salmon report...that'll be another new one for you won't it? Good luck and have fun.

Maureen

I'm off to bed. Can't take it anymore. How do you catch so many different fish species from shore in your few hours fishing each evening!? :dunno::blush::worthy::lol:

I honestly cant tell you except that we are very fortunate to live 5 mintues from Lake Ontario and within 20 minutes from lots of great tribs!! Thanks for your comments 007!

Good luck out there!

must of been a huge fish, i have yet to lose a fish due to line snapping on braid, usually my swivel breaks before the braid lol.

Combination of two things I think....

1) She wishes in hindsight that she had checked her line

2) It was a very nice sized fish....maybe 30" or so

She was just happy to get some action tonight....landing them is a bonus!! She wasn't running a leader...it was a big 1 ounce Red Devil spoon.