SirCranksalot

Reel grease

Depends on the grade or viscosity of the grease.  A very small spray of the Rust Check in the green can isn't runny but doesn't harden up under cold temperatures.

2 minutes ago, Fisherman said:

Depends on the grade or viscosity of the grease.  A very small spray of the Rust Check in the green can isn't runny but doesn't harden up under cold temperatures.

Good to know, I just bought a couple cans!

I have always used a spray of good quality lube, that's it. I have a 2 /30 year old Shimano 1500 spinning reels. These things go for 25 bucks then. Spool is not removable. Used it in Florida and just left it at the condo for anyone to use. They still work, the kids use them at the cottage. Imagine what it looks like inside that spool? Ewwwww. But they cast and drag works. 

Quantum Hot Sauce. I use that s....t on all my reels. The oil and the grease. It made my cheaper Abus a heck of a lot smoother. If you fi d it, it is worth the price. 

Thx guys.  I'm a bit surprised that you use spray. I thought that would go all over the place whereas the stuff in tubes can be smeared on specific spots. 

I have heard good things re that Hotsauce but it seems hard to find.  I might wait to find it unless I decide I need to grease reels for the ice.