OUR FISHING YEAR IN REVIEW! (pic heavy)

lunkerbasshunter

I haven't actually posted a topic on here in ages.  I still take the time to check in from time to time to see whats going on and who's catching what :)  We are lucky enough to spend most of the summer up in the North East Parry sound area.  My son was actually home only a few days all summer so he was out fishing and exploring like kids should be doing at that age.  11 years old.  

This truly is our happy place.  My wife, son, dog and friends have a ton of fun up here and the fishing is usually pretty good!  

Lets start by opening weekend and the water being 49F but the kids don't care they went swimming anyway.  Yes I did too and yep 49F is damn cold.  

IMG_1324.JPG

This is Autumn.  She is crazy about her ball and swims all day long as someone is there to chuck it for her.  

IMG_0020.PNG

Fishing in the spring was decent but the bugs this year were as bad as I have ever seen them.  That being said we got into a school of half dozen monster crappy.  The biggest being almost 2 lbs 

IMG_1487 2.JPGIMG_1484 2.JPG

As the water warmed up fishing got a bit tough other then the OOS bass.  We did mange a few walleye but not as many as last year.  My son Carter with a pretty good one.  

IMG_1574.JPG

Once the summer came it was time for a lot of these (pitchers of rye and ginger) and coors lights kept me off the water a lot.  I did try to get out almost everyday before the juice started to flow.  

IMG_0030.jpg

With the warmer water and bass season opening it was quite the first couple weeks of bass season.  I started up in Temagami and smashed bass after bass.  I actually limited out in the first half hour one day and then the next day I had 4 fish over 4lbs.  None under 2lbs and probably got into a dozen or so.  Carter with his biggest bass of the year 4.5lbs. ( Note on the life jacket.  I let him take it off when the boat is not moving)

IMG_0120.jpgIMG_0632.jpg

Back to parry sound and the fishing was great.  

My wife Shannon with a nice largie with Autumn looking on.  

,  IMG_0452.jpg

I got into some decent fish this year too.  

IMG_1581.JPGIMG_0722.jpgFullSizeRender.jpg

Autumn swam a ton.  hours everyday and then pretty much did this the rest of the time.  

IMG_2545.JPGIMG_0138.jpg

Carter is known as the fish whisperer around here and he suggested that if he needs to live up to that name he should learn how to clean fish too.  This was a proud day for me!  

IMG_0358.jpg

Here are some random pics with friends and family from the summer.  

7C22D78B-3840-4AF3-8F9C-6B6FCE81321F.jpg14289823_10153739544121286_8952125885469395808_o.jpgIMG_2463.JPGIMG_0352.jpgIMG_1891.JPG

More fishing pics.  My best Friend Luisa really started catching fish this year and out fished me sometimes too.  

IMG_0066.jpgIMG_0726.jpg

Some scenery shots and more fish pictures.  

IMG_0377.jpgIMG_0749.jpgIMG_0646.jpgIMG_0431.jpgIMG_0476.JPGIMG_0378.JPG

IMG_2468.jpgIMG_1508.JPGIMG_0197.jpgIMG_0091.jpg

The way we ended most days is by the fire cooking smores having a few pops off to bed early so we can hit the early bite.  

IMG_0497.jpg

That was pretty well it.  I should have taking way more picture then I did.  I should have drank way less booze then I did.  I should have ate way less ice cream then I did but oh well it was a great year and can't wait till May for opening weekend!!!  

IMG_0865.jpg

IMG_1508.JPG

Edited by lunkerbasshunter

I love it! Nothing like outdoor fun with the family and especially having a dog that is part of it. Your dog brings back great memories of my old Golden who is now 15 and much slower but used to be in the thick of any water activity. 

Thanks for taking the time to post the pics and explanations. 

city folks sometimes think im strange because I spend every available moment that I have at the lake...this thread proves exactly why. Why the hell would you not want to live exactly like this every single chance you get.

Gotta love Parry Sound district theres no place better.

Thanks for the report

13 minutes ago, Cast-Away said:

I love it! Nothing like outdoor fun with the family and especially having a dog that is part of it. Your dog brings back great memories of my old Golden who is now 15 and much slower but used to be in the thick of any water activity. 

Thanks for taking the time to post the pics and explanations. 

Hey thanks!  Autumn is 5 now it's nice to know I may get ten more years with my golden girl.  

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...