H2S scare NF

manitoubass2

Woke up this morning to the smell of rotten eggs. Brought the fam outside immediately thinking possible Gas leak.

Gas company arrives, no reading.

I didn't feel comfortable returning right away so we waited. Rather than get lesser, it got worse.

Gas guy again, zero readings.

Popped into my head, we live near a lagoon which could produce h2s.

Call 911, fire and rescue shows up in scbas, and low and behold, h2s positive. But low level. Still enough to be concerned.

Thank you for oilfield experience!

That possible could killed us all

Now to figure out how the h2s is only reaching our house????

Long are day of being outside in the heat with the whole family waiting for resolve

Anyhow, many gasses smell like rotten eggs(usually due to additives), but if you smell it, and haven't cooked eggs lol, get the hell out asap and call 911

Woke up this morning to the smell of rotten eggs. Brought the fam outside immediately thinking possible Gas leak.

Gas company arrives, no reading.

I didn't feel comfortable returning right away so we waited. Rather than get lesser, it got worse.

Gas guy again, zero readings.

Popped into my head, we live near a lagoon which could produce h2s.

Call 911, fire and rescue shows up in scbas, and low and behold, h2s positive. But low level. Still enough to be concerned.

Thank you for oilfield experience!

That possible could killed us all

Now to figure out how the h2s is only reaching our house????

Long are day of being outside in the heat with the whole family waiting for resolve

Anyhow, many gasses smell like rotten eggs(usually due to additives), but if you smell it, and haven't cooked eggs lol, get the hell out asap and call 911

Glad your safe bud!