Biggest largemouth I've gotten in 3 years, 8lb+ easy

Nateraz

I caught the "longest" Largemouth I ever saw. Not the heaviest, the longest. I didn't have a tape. I was fishing for Crappie believe it or not. It went from my finger tip to 1/2 way up my bicep. That is 23". Get a tape and actually see what 23" is. That isn't short. That Bass wasn't maybe 3" thick. It was from a small quarry pond in October. It had to be starving. A 23" Largie is huge. A Largemouth that long is close to 10 lbs. in Cuba or Mexico. I have an 8.7 pounder from inland Cuba under my belt 26 years ago and it was stupid fat, grotesque actually. Not anymore apparently from all the catch and mount fish taken I'm told from an old guide there I keep in touch with. That is one big Bass the OP has there. Most likely from Mexico or Cuba, maybe Okeechobee or a yet to be named southern lake and most likely a reservoir.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

I caught the "longest" Largemouth I ever saw. Not the heaviest, the longest. I didn't have a tape. I was fishing for Crappie believe it or not. It went from my finger tip to 1/2 way up my bicep. That is 23". Get a tape and actually see what 23" is. That isn't short. That Bass wasn't maybe 3" thick. It was from a small quarry pond in October. It had to be starving. A 23" Largie is huge. A Largemouth that long is close to 10 lbs. in Cuba or Mexico. I have an 8.7 pounder from inland Cuba under my belt 26 years ago and it was stupid fat, grotesque actually. Not anymore apparently from all the catch and mount fish taken I'm told from an old guide there I keep in touch with. That is one big Bass the OP has there. Most likely from Mexico or Cuba, maybe Okeechobee or a yet to be named southern lake and most likely a reservoir.

I have seen some at tournament weigh ins here, not that much farther south than you, here any 22 inch bass should break the 6 pound mark as long as it is healthy. Too much fishing pressure here on public waters, the vast majority of the really big bass here come from private ponds.

Years ago the fishing magazines were talking about Cuba for the next record bass.

Had a couple of hogs hooked at private ponds, but never broke 22 inches, got a smallie on Erie that was right there, but no scale.

Their all B.C buckets . Which harbour most likely the largest LM in the country . Much like Northern California trout eating bass. No reason there isn't a double digit swimming in those waters. No one cares about them out there and most likely has the lake to himself.

this...

i got intel on a few local ponds that held largies but never got the chance to give it a go. I saw some kids targeting them on a golf course in pitt meadows, they were jumping everywhere would have been easy fishing

ive also heard that the smallmouth fishing can bring 8lbers in the kootenays but no one knows how nor give s a single turd about it.