Super High Tech Zoner Divers

Sterling

Saw these on youtube and was intrigued: http://www.liquidzone.fi/index.php/

Zoner divers are like electronic dipsies that take your lure to a specified depth or temperature.

Pros;

• Eliminates need for downriggers, batteries, etc
  • Far less drag, can use regular rod
  • Exact depth can be targeted
  • Exact temperature can be targeted
  • Teaser mode (goes up and down regularly)
  • Floats if snapped off
  • ?

Cons;

• $200 CAD each (if bought as a pair). Going to be anxious dragging something this expensive...
  • Possibly hard to retrieve in wavy conditions if/when snapped off
  • Limited line behind unit, just like dipsies
  • ?

Thoughts??? Anyone have experience with these units? I've read some scattered threads about these units and it seems there is lots of positive feedback, but very little traction, possibly due to price.

I was all excited until I saw the price. But then again I have never lost a Dipsy or Jet Diver before. Featherstone Ted got a temp probe a few years ago for the downrigger. I couldn't believe the immediate increase in hook ups here on Erie and Lake O, find the thermocline, find the fish. But at 300 bananas I would need more feedback from someone that uses them. But after all 300 bucks is only 1/2 a Tackle Mate box of spoons and plugs, or a rod and reel, or less than 2 tanks of fuel or........ If they do work as advertised I would most likely get one. I would love to know what Josh of Angling Outfitters thinks of them. His word to me is golden. I have never had any luck with electronics under water lasting.

edit: watched a few pitches on You Tube. I have more questions now than answers. Need to give Angling a call. If they carry them I will take a ride one of these windy days. Which is almost everyday this season.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Last price mentioned on spoonpullers was around $300 Cdn

Ouch !

$200 if you order a pair direct from them. Not like that's cheap either LOL

Old Ironmaker: I contacted Angling Outfitters, they don't carry these nor can they remember doing so.

Edited by Sterling

Thanks Sterling. I talked to a guy yesterday that is a serious long liner and he told us that his buddy ought 2 and they are not as advertised. The electronics broke down after a season of use so they were just 400 bucks of plastic. Enough info for me. Like all my expensive lures I would be so afraid of loosing them I wouldn't even take them on the boat. My goodness I am turning into my Father, that's both his and my Moms logic.