Mid June walleye.

limeyangler

Hi all,

The walleye are on the move.....AT LAST!

Been a cold spring and start to summertime, which has kept the walleye very shallow. This last Saturday got out to Lac Seul for the afternoon, and it seems the walleye have moved from the shallows where they were last week and are spreading out into the main lake. Still most fish between 12' and 17'FOW. Big sucker minnows and leeches on jigs kicked butt!

Some nice fish. We always get our biggest pics on the giant minnows in the bait dealers tank that no-one wants!

Kinda funny you mentioned that. My buddy fishes alot of local tourneys including the walleye masters in wabigoon. He's the one that put me on 6"-8" livebait and I was honestly shocked how awesome it works

Kinda funny you mentioned that. My buddy fishes alot of local tourneys including the walleye masters in wabigoon. He's the one that put me on 6"-8" livebait and I was honestly shocked how awesome it works

Some nice fish. We always get our biggest pics on the giant minnows in the bait dealers tank that no-one wants!

I love the big ones too, its just when I got that one was 2 weeks prior when I needed smaller minnows, my tank works pretty good, kept that sucker for 2 weeks!

I love the big ones too, its just when I got that one was 2 weeks prior when I needed smaller minnows, my tank works pretty good, kept that sucker for 2 weeks!

Sweet!

Honestly, for years I have sworn off live bait. But I went back and tried again. I was very surprised.

Glad to see you using bloodsuckers too. I know they cost a small fortune, but obviously it pays off

For walleye in summer I'd say hands down the best bait

Oh, lil tip so you don't lose as many. Take some gummy worms from Walmart, rip off a piece maybe 1/4" long. Rig the leech then slide that gummy worms on the hook?

Edited by manitoubass2

Oh, lil tip so you don't lose as many. Take some gummy worms from Walmart, rip off a piece maybe 1/4" long. Rig the leech then slide that gummy worms on the hook

That trick, or some variation on it, is quite common in barbless provinces like Manitoba, works well!