Pulling Senkos out of Bass

PUMP KNOWS

I have also found them in lakers. However, maybe the bass are stealing the baits off the hooks. I agree these things should not be thrown in the lake to avoid these circumstances.

That was my concern as well. Always learning something from this forum, but the first year I fished Senkos I must have lost a dozen of them on the Wacky Rig. Bass would jump, shake, and the Senko would go flying 10 feet away.

Also, although Gastro is pretty cool, but I'm not sure its best to be shoving fingers down a bass' throat. They should be using water for this.

Edited by jeremy84

If you rig them with an o-ring or bit of tubing you get a little more use out of them but ultimately you'll lose them either way. You normally get some notice of impending failure as the worm typically develops a tear after enough casts or a fish or two.

I wonder if they actually kill the fish? If it does, we should have hundreds of floating dead bass in the kawarthas with the amount of bass fishing with plastics that goes on in this chain of lakes.

It may make them weaker from lack of real nutrients or less healthy but I do recall seeing a video of a guy who gut a rainbow trout and it was FULL of all sorts of plastics and still feeding on his lure for him to land it. Yes it's not good at all for the water and fish to toss baits but no proof they are killing fish. If so, they would be off the shelf I'm sure.