Wake up Cobourg, Fishing is NOT a crime!

Ron

I see both sides. Proper enforcement of existing laws would be the best solution...but we all know that will never happen...the resources/manpower to do this properly will never happen. So a solution has to be made, and I don't care which solution you pick...someone or some group will be upset.

I kinda have to side with SirCranksaLot on this one. I think it a fair compromise...but having said that...I don't think it will ever be properly enforced either.

I don't see anything wrong with what Cranks said Sinker. As far as living in a dictatorship, we certainly do. A 1000th of a percent more then what 50% of voters chose dictates what the other 80% of the population will live with. At times only 40% of eligible voters cast a ballot, 50% of those is really around 20% of the total population dictating what 80% will live with.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

the problem is, some fisherman feel that they are entitled to water access, no matter who it disturbs. they don't think about the surrounding residents, and the noise and litter, not to mention the ones that gut and chuck.

rules are made because the minority made them neccessary, plain and simple. don't take the complaints to town office, take them to your fellow anglers.

the problem is, some fisherman feel that they are entitled to water access, no matter who it disturbs. they don't think about the surrounding residents, and the noise and litter, not to mention the ones that gut and chuck.

rules are made because the minority made them neccessary, plain and simple. don't take the complaints to town office, take them to your fellow anglers.

I agree with this 100%

You mean I can't have an opinion different from yours. Since when do we live in a dictatorship???

Did i miss the part where i said you couldnt have an opinion? Dictatorship....really? I just said i didnt like your attitude towards this particular situation. Which is my OPINION, that i am entitled to as well.

The problem isnt the by laws, and creating new ones aint gonna do squat, when they already cant enforce the existing by laws. Your OPINION of making new rules, that also wont be enforced, doesnt make any sense, and wont do a thing to fix the problem.

The problem is there is NO ENFORCEMENT.

S.

Exactly.

Problem is, you will need a backing of buddies when the ones you want to educate, tell ya to go,,,,,,,yourself.

This is the reason I just go and find my own spots now. The known go to spots, are not for me anymore. To much garbage and to much IGNORANT people. I don,t call them anglers.

Edited by Misfish

Was an interesting find this morning here at the Barrie marina. They have signs that are posted " no fishing on the marina side of spit ". I was out on my toon and took a row down that outside docks. I was able to collect 7 pickerel rigs. About a dozen or so hooks and weights. And another 6-7 lures. All these were stuck or wrapped around the docks. Lots of line was attached to these. So one can see, why they have this rule and also Im sure those that own boats, dont want that line wrapped around their props. Also Im sure if your a pet owner, the last thing you want is to have your pet get a hook stuck in one of their paws or face.