Fishing Kayaks

DRIFTER_016

I've been thinking of getting some sort of personal watercraft again. I sold my pontoon a couple years ago for lack of use, I would rather sell it and have someone use it that watch it rot away in my basement.

Debating between a pontoon again and a kayak. Pontoon is nice and stable and sits you high in the water so you can see structure better, but takes more effort to paddle around in still water and takes time to set up. Yak is easier to paddle around in and you can be set up and fishing pretty quickly, but you sit low in the water and can't see what you're casting at so much. I realize that the fishing kayaks are a lot more stable and designed for standing, but that extra width comes at extra cost and weight. Plus I'm a klutz, so I know I'll end up in the drink every once and a while.

I've been thinking of getting some sort of personal watercraft again. I sold my pontoon a couple years ago for lack of use, I would rather sell it and have someone use it that watch it rot away in my basement.

Debating between a pontoon again and a kayak. Pontoon is nice and stable and sits you high in the water so you can see structure better, but takes more effort to paddle around in still water and takes time to set up. Yak is easier to paddle around in and you can be set up and fishing pretty quickly, but you sit low in the water and can't see what you're casting at so much. I realize that the fishing kayaks are a lot more stable and designed for standing, but that extra width comes at extra cost and weight. Plus I'm a klutz, so I know I'll end up in the drink every once and a while.

There are sit on top fishing kayaks with adjustable seats. :whistling:

Low for paddlin' and high fer fishin' ;)

Jackson Kayaks and well as the Hobie PA's have them. :)

Edited by DRIFTER_016

They work all over.

Up in de North

11145152_1151391884887149_27142885807716

That black 6500 has got a few years on it, got the mate to it. Mine dates back to the 70's, probably got a few tons of salmon to it's credit on Lake O. A spare spool loaded with heavy dacron and it doubled as a musky reel for a while.