Weekend Fishing Report - June 15-17

ccmtcanada

We had a great weekend!! With awesome weather, we spent a lot of time at the water's edge...seeing what we could catch. While the numbers weren't high, we all had a great time. I was effectively skunked, but could have really cared less...we met up with some OFNers, took my youngest daughter and her best friend out, and fished with just Bly and I. Here's a little summary of our weekend.....

Friday June 15th - MJL and I had been trading PMs throughout the day....we were going to try and hook up at some point during the evening. When Bly and I arrived at our local spot, we saw that MJL and his dad were already there! We ended up fishing with them the whole evening. Lots of great conversation, but little in the way of carp action. His dad was hilarious...we were talking about trib fishing for trout and he says "I dont like it anymore...it's too much work...watching and watching and watching that float"....LOL. Anyhow, MJL landed a nice one...cant remember the stats on it...maybe he can chime in and add a pic of his catch. I had a nice one on later in the evening, but ended up donating it to the log from hell...LOL. Had a great time...it was a real pleasure for Bly and I to meet up with MJL and his dad...thanks guys!

Saturday June 16th. - Our youngest had a friend sleep over on Friday night...the plan was to take them panfishing locally on Saturday. We left our house at 1030am, and arrived at a local conservation area around 11. The sun was very HOT, and there wasn't a lot of cooling breezes, so we were not sure how long we'd last...especially if the bite wasn't on...you know the patience of 5 year olds...haha. We didn't have to wait long, my daughter's friend pulled in the first fish of the day....and his first of this season!!

gallery_60_23_48692.jpg

Not long after that, my little one had her first of the day....can you tell she was happy??? LOL

gallery_60_23_85494.jpg

Bly and I took a good look at the water and noticed some trout swimming around! We both tried in vain to get these guys to take our bait....we wished we knew they were stocked in this little pond...we would have tied some small roe bags to tempt them with. Wouldn't you know it, but little one....floating her worm got all excited and said..."I HAVE A FISH....I HAVE A FISH". She's not used to catching anything but sunnies, rock bass and perch, so this one gave her a little trouble. We had to help her a little...but here it is...her first ever Rainbow!!!

gallery_60_23_54630.jpg

Bly and I caught some little sunnies as well...in between tending to the kids. All in all, we had a great time out there...had a little picnic lunch..... fished for about 3 hours... then it home to sit in the air conditioning!!!

That night, Bly and I headed back to a local swim, and this time, when we entered the parking lot, we saw Wolfville and Victor!! Had a quick chat and then we picked out our spot away from them....we didn't want to break any of their fancy equipment....haha....actually, that spot is a little too small for 4 to fish, so we went around the opposite side of the swim. Again...the action was slow to start, but eventually we got into some fish. First it was Wolfville, bringing in a nice 10 pound carp...and a little later one, Bly has one on...measuring 27" and weighing 11 pounds 7 ounces. We shout across to Wolfville how much it weighed and he replies "You Win!!" LOL.

gallery_60_23_55196.jpg

Bly and I went home early...and Wolfville and Victor were ready to stake out the area for quite a bit longer. As it turns out, 8 more fish were caught....most by Victor!! Come on Victor...you have to have some pics....post em!!! haha.

Sunday June 17 - I decided that for Father's day, I'd wake up early, fish for a few hours and then head home to spend time with my family. I was up at 5am and headed to a local spot. The action was pretty good at first, with lots of line bumps and line pulls, but it suddenly stopped at around 8am!!! The spawn seemed to be back in FULL action as well...the prospects were not looking good. Oh well, fish are like that...you just never know when they might be biting. Bly joined me a little after 730, but this was one day that it seemed fish were not in the cards!!

The reports will be few this week...Bly and I are getting ready for Lakair!!! We may go out one time, but it all depends on how prepared we are.

Thanks for the report, Cliff. I was waiting for this post all weekend ;-)

We stayed out Sat night until 4:30am, hope you found the swim clean and tidy when you took over in less than an hour. I am just not as young as I used to be to stay much longer, plus Victor was catching all the fish. LOL

We managed a double header around 2am. You should've been there to see how we managed to land both fish with one short net, and avoid "The Log from Hell" (you named it nicely). Anyway, both were landed eventually and they met up on the bank for a picture.

Thats a great report & pics!!!!!!! :clapping: well everyone sure had a very busy weekend,glad you got to all go out and do a little bit of fishing with all the sun,it sure was hot. :w00t:B) ..the kids sure look like they had a gret time and bly had some good action as well.,thanks for sharing cliff,if i dont talk to you and carol have a gret time at lakeair...and good-luck cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

Thanks for the report, Cliff. I was waiting for this post all weekend ;-)

We stayed out Sat night until 4:30am, hope you found the swim clean and tidy when you took over in less than an hour. I am just not as young as I used to be to stay much longer, plus Victor was catching all the fish. LOL

We managed a double header around 2am. You should've been there to see how we managed to land both fish with one short net, and avoid "The Log from Hell" (you named it nicely). Anyway, both were landed eventually and they met up on the bank for a picture.

Randy...sounded like an exciting night after we left!!! Oh yeah...I tried a different spot the next morning...but I'm sure you left the spot clean. Funny thing, by the time you guys walked in the door, I was just headed back out again...haha....you guys sure are hardcore to be out til 430!! Where the pic of your catch? Post it here...no worries about hijacking the thread...it's really a shared report anyways.

Come on Victor and MJL...post at least one of your catches!!! LOL

MJL's got final exams tonight. I'll get him to post the one pic we took on Friday night. Was nice meeting you and Bly on last Friday. Now I've got classes that's keeping me busy.

MJL's got final exams tonight. I'll get him to post the one pic we took on Friday night. Was nice meeting you and Bly on last Friday. Now I've got classes that's keeping me busy.

Ahh...hey there! The story about you and creek fishing makes more sense now that I know your board name is lazybum...LOL. Great meeting and chatting with you as well. You can tell you have a great relationship...with all the good natured bantering that goes back and forth between you.

Here's one from Friday night.

DSC_1385.jpg

I was worried that my groundbait mix was a little too effective...The fermented corn + hemp could've impaired the fish's ability to swim straight. They were probably a little too relaxed to worry about food for the night. Hence, the reason why Wolf and Vic did so well the next night.

Had a blast fishing with you and Bly. Gotta get out to do it again.

Mike (MJL), you used hemp? No wonder fish still couldn't swim straight and fell into Vic's swim. That's my story and I will stick to it.

I was wondering what that smell was in the house. :whistling: Man, the neighbours could have called the cops and got us busted. We had quite a few grow-ops around here.

Cliff, as for the name lazybum? what more need to be said.