Eagle Lake NW Ontario

mj2112

I am planning my 2017 vacation and thought about Eagle Lake NW Ont for late July early August.

We are targeting Musky and was wondering if anyone has ever fished Eagle and had an opinion.

We still plan on fishing Little Vermillion near Sioux Lookout but wanted to explore new water.

I've fished it for 25 years in the spring, summer and fall. got muskies while fishing for walleye or trout, you just never know when they will take a liking to your bait. the biggest I have caught was a 39 incher, s few smaller but one guy inour group brought in a musky over 50 inches , too bad it was before the season started, took a long time to revive it but it eventually swam away.

I can't comment on Eagle Lake particularly as I've never fished there. I will say Ear Falls, which is nearby, is an awesome fishery. I was fortunate to say I fished the English River in late June of this year & was very impressed by the numbers & quality of walleye. Contact Rick (Manitoubass) he lives in that area, he'll set up on some fantastic spots.

Besides Eagle LK;

Cedar Lk & the Indian Lk chain also are well known for healthy muskie populations,Lac Seul is just up the road for world class walleye fishing.These are all less than an hours drive from Vermilion Bay.

These lodges are some of the best on the lake

Vermilion Bay Lodge

Cedar Point Lodge

North Shore Lodge

Eagle West

BirchDale Lodge

It all depends on what you are looking for,American plan or Housekeeping plan.

There is 1 resort I would not recommend because of past fish & game convictions but I won't name them on here.

As I stated earlier PM me if I can help in any way.

Doing my research on Eagle lake I think I found the place with the game violations. I need the American plan because I fly from Pittsburgh to Toronto, then to Thunder Bay. That's the cheapest route unfortunately. I appreciate the help very much.