Fuel additives for 4 stroke 9.9?

Tjames09

Disclaimer this works for us maybe not for you use at own risk we use this to put to sleep 2x 4.3l Volvos, on board fuel cell and a large shore tank

Prepare an engine storage mixture for each engine per the following formula: FUEL 3.78 LITRES FOGGING OIL 12.0 Fluid Oz FUEL STABILIZER 1Fluid Oz 2-STROKE OIL 0.1 litre (50:1 ratio) A can of fogging mixture contains 340g (12 fluid ounces) therefore you will need one can for each engine. Remove and discard the fuel filter, take a new filter and fill with fogging mixture and install filter on the fuel pump. Disconnect the fuel line at the engine fuel pump (or both if you have two containers of the mixture). Run engines on the storage mixture for approximately 10 minutes at 1500 RPM. This will ensure that all fuel system and internal engine components are thoroughly protected. Shut off engine before the storage mixture is used up.

cheers

peter

Edited by BITEME.Esq

ultramar 91 ethanol free as well.

read your bottle of seafoam for mixing instructions

all I use for general maintenance of course u need more for storage.

or you can do nothing and come pay me 100 bux or so every couple years to fix your stuff.

Isn't it funny; people go buy fuel with ethanol in it then go buy Sea Foam to counter the effects of the ethanol. Seafoam contains 10-20% IPA (Isopropyl Alcohol) which absorbs water allowing your engine to burn the water out of your fuel (simpler solution don't put water in your fuel)!

Seafoam is most noted for removing/reducing carbon deposits; Simpler solution make sure your engine is properly tuned up and you won't have to keep adding Seafoam to remove carbon deposits that shouldn't be there.

Seafoam will help to dissolve the varnish deposits left behind by ethanol (if it can get to them); Simpler solution, don't use ethanol products!

I have to laugh when someone buys Sea Foam or some other "tune up in a bottle" and expects it will make an engine that has mechanical problems to run like new.

I bought a new motor. Im curious about preventive maintenance so the motor lasts me a long time.

I bought a new motor. Im curious about preventive maintenance so the motor lasts me a long time.

Change the oil regular impeller every 3 years proper winterizing stay just below wot and understand trim. And the biggest most important don't bounce it off bottom

Cheers

Peter

What fuel u running in your new motor tj?

If your running the cheap stuff i recommend using startron fuel treatment great stuff for corn fuel.

the non corn fuelnstuff then seafoam or a.good stabilizer boats tend to sit most of the time and stabilizers are the first line of defence.

Picking up a motor tomorrow for a rebuild thought usingnlast years fuel untreated was a good idea scorched 2 pistons