OK this is going on the Christmas list, dry aged steaks at home

leaf4

Curious to know what an average cut @ 1 1/2 " sells for & if your open on Sunday's??

for one that size, around $22-$24, we're at $44/KG for a boneless prime rib steak, and $30 /kg for a bone in prime rib steak. for comparison, sobeys is at $41.87 for a bone in prime rib steak that they call Canada AAA, so most likely from out west somewhere.

we are not open on Sundays, Sundays and Mondays are our weekend, we're open Tuesday-Saturday, 9-6 Tues-Thurs, 9-8 on Fri, and 9-5 on Saturday.

Edited by FloatnFly

for one that size, around $22-$24, we're at $44/KG for a boneless prime rib steak, and $30 /kg for a bone in prime rib steak. for comparison, sobeys is at $41.87 for a bone in prime rib steak that they call Canada AAA, so most likely from out west somewhere.

we are not open on Sundays, Sundays and Mondays are our weekend, we're open Tuesday-Saturday, 9-6 Tues-Thurs, 9-8 on Fri, and 9-5 on Saturday.

Thx. I'll see if I can con Big Cliff to pick up an order for me.

Im not a big steak eater. I like one once in a while. Would an eye of the round work with this Steve? Would it get more tender? Or would it be best to have fat content in the meat?

Cant say Im a fan of that contraption. That meat kind of turned me off. Oh Im sure it,s good. LOL

I have only ever tried this with prime rib roasts Brian, but I would think it would make a difference for any cut of beef.

I have only ever tried this with prime rib roasts Brian, but I would think it would make a difference for any cut of beef.

we age full sides of beef, it makes a difference, we have one customer who once told us to hang it til the hide grows back

come down and see me, literally 20 minutes down simcoe st from there, all ontario, no added growth hormones, no anti biotics, free range, 28 days age, AAA or better only.

ps, vacuum sealing isn't great for keeping meat, the seal will break if the package gets knocked around while frozen, and then freezer burn. we use a freezer paper, same as traditional butcher wrap, but its coated on the inside with a food grade polyurethane coating. will keep meat frozen up to a year and half with issues, you can knock it around, have it fall out of the freezer, and not have to worry about the seal breaking

Learn something new every day, thanks!

Could you post name of business and address for me please, (also phone # just in case) looks like I will see you next Friday. Any discounts for volume orders? Who should I ask for?

Thx. I'll see if I can con Big Cliff to pick up an order for me.

No con needed my friend, place your order, I'll pick it up Friday and have it waiting for you when you get here.

Learn something new every day, thanks!

Could you post name of business and address for me please, (also phone # just in case) looks like I will see you next Friday. Any discounts for volume orders? Who should I ask for?

Sure thing, Buckingham Meat Market, 28 Buckingham Ave (runs East off Simcoe) big white house about 50yrds off Simcoe, just north of the Oshawa hospital. Phone# 905-725-2213 My boss will give dicounts if you were to buy a full piece type thing, that will give you about 16 1" thick steaks. we can cut and wrap em for you on the spot.. You can ask for me if you like, Joel.

we age full sides of beef, it makes a difference, we have one customer who once told us to hang it til the hide grows back

For some reason, they have nothing up here . What they do have, is very slim and dosent look that great. The new zhers have this "posh", butcher thing now, and want an arm and a leg for a steak. Many cuts of meat aged like 20-40 days and more. Im not paying that price for a piece of meat. I will try as you say Steve. Just for s and giggles.

They did have extra lean ground knocked down again, 3 bucks a pack. Smitty bacon on for the same. Looks like a bacon wrapped meat loaf this day. Im good with that. :clapping:

I did want to try this pork belly thing I found on you tube, but I cant even find that up here for a decent price. Guess on a rainy saturday, I,ll have to head down to the big city to get me a nice slab. I,ll would even drive to see you Joel. THANKS FOR THE INFO. :good:

For some reason, they have nothing up here . What they do have, is very slim and dosent look that great. The new zhers have this "posh", butcher thing now, and want an arm and a leg for a steak. Many cuts of meat aged like 20-40 days and more. Im not paying that price for a piece of meat. I will try as you say Steve. Just for s and giggles.

They did have extra lean ground knocked down again, 3 bucks a pack. Smitty bacon on for the same. Looks like a bacon wrapped meat loaf this day. Im good with that. :clapping:

I did want to try this pork belly thing I found on you tube, but I cant even find that up here for a decent price. Guess on a rainy saturday, I,ll have to head down to the big city to get me a nice slab. I,ll would even drive to see you Joel. THANKS FOR THE INFO. :good:

I'm with you Brian. Debbe love's a good steak more then anything. The last Delmonico I bought cost $27 for one steak for us to share. Been eating a lot of pork lately. A local shop had centre cut chops on for $3.99/LB last week. Bought 8 good sized...not huge....but cut nice and thick. $23.92. Three bucks cheaper and enough meat for 4 BBQ's instead of just one.

Dunno if it's common knowledge to everyone or not, but it sure is useful, there's an app named "Flipp" you can type in what you're looking for, it will reference every flyer available to your area and show you the best price, so you can either price match or just head to that store directly