My Quinte Report.

bucktail

The weather was awesome with sun and calm water unfortunatly the fishing was slow.

Most of the bites we got were right at sunset and we still couldnt get any after dark which is very strange!

Brett did manage a new PB with a 12lb even fish caught on a Manns stretch 20 in pearl.

gallery_221_42_19642.jpg

Due to boat traffic and slow fishing we decided to trailer the boats to Big Bay and hit some spots out there. Not alot of fish but a steady pick of large fish.

Most caught on regular taildancers and shad raps. Blue and silver seemed to be the colour of choice this weekend.

My best fish this weekend was a 10.7 lb fish picked up on a blue and silver shad rap off of a inline board.

gallery_221_42_12655.jpg

We did manage a double of 7.6 and 8.7 on Saturday.

gallery_221_42_49220.jpg

Saturday evening we blew 3 big fish in a row. All hooks pulling out.

With the weather repoirt for the next 15 days it looks like that may be my last quinte trip, didnt beat my PB of 14lbs and 34 inches but there is always next year.

Edited by bucktail

The water temperatures ranged from 39 in the shallows to 41 out past the ferry.

We didnt mark much bait up in big bay but with reports coming from Belleville of fish being caught we knew they must now be spread out throughout the bay.

Most fish were running deep down 40-70 in 80+ feet of water east of the ferry.

We had our riggers but chose not to try for any eyes below 30ft since its an automatic keeper then.

Still amazed at how many 10lb+ are being kept. God get a repro done its all most the same cost.

Our crew kept two 6lbers for the table as that was the smallest we caught and I havn't kept an eye in a couple of years.