Two missing on Pigeon Lake

Big Cliff

Recent Update to this situation:

Body of a male missing and presumed drowned has been recovered form the scene in the past 1-2 hours. Female still missing. Only her shoe recovered. Sad situation. Co-worker had beer s with the victims on Saturday afternoon. Sunday they are drowned. Always respect the danger of cold water, even though it looks almost the same a warm water.

My fishing buddy and I wear inflatables on every trip now. I don't think that would've helped here though. Just a moments misjudgement or perhaps lack of knowledge. A shame all around.

correct as sad as it is

As someone did say,recovery is a lot easier.That on it's own should say something.Very sad non the less.

100%

Another incident yesterday on buckhorn lake 2 men capsized a little tinner while towing a dock !!!! what the hell .... Full on rescue again ..... At least they had pfd"s on but still .....

Rescue or recovery?

A few years back while putting my dock in I slipped and fell, I was only in about 3' of water but I still had a hard time getting back on my feet and getting out. The shock of that cold water knocks the breath right out of you.

Again another sad tradgity to start the season while trying to do something so simple.

saw my barber yesterday. He brought up this story because he also cuts the guys hair who was dating one of the girls who passed away in this tragic accident. Said they had been together for 10 years and recently had an argument. They both agreed to patch it up when she got home from the cottage...

So so tragic I cant even put it into words. My thoughts are with all those affected by this.

• 2 weeks later...

Body found:

http://barrie.ctvnews.ca/body-of-missing-canoeist-recovered-from-pigeon-lake-1.2862267?platform=hootsuite#

The body of a missing canoeist from Halton Hills has been found in Kawartha Lakes.

According to Kawartha Lakes OPP, the body of the 28-year-old woman was recovered from Pigeon Lake on Saturday morning.

The discovery comes five days after the OPP ceased search efforts for the woman.

Police say the woman and two other people went out on a canoe on April 3 to retrieve a pedal boat that had drifted away from shore.

One person was able to successfully make it back to shore after the canoe capsized. The body of a 23-year-old Scarborough man was recovered from the lake on April 5.

Police say none of the canoe occupants had life-jackets on.