Big Thanks

north560

Am sending out a BIG Thanks to the guys who got our ski-doo off Stumpy this weekend. Hit bad slush the weekend before and then had to work right up to Sunday morning was planning on going out in the afternoon to get it off the lake and guess what I seen coming home from work there was my machine parked at the entrance to the road to the lake. Thanks again, much appreciated .

It's about time someone isn't reporting someone else ripping them off. I think good people like the folks that helped without being asked to exist but unfortunately we never hear about them much. Did you ever find out who helped you? A good opportunity to pay it forward. I had a few of the boys from Hamilton here for lunch last week. They wanted to buy some farm fresh eggs so I took them to a local farm that sells them out of a fridge. They couldn't believe you just left your money and took what you bought. There was about 30 bucks in the plastic container left unattended and they just were amazed no one would take all the money and the eggs.

I had talked to some guys going fishing on Saturday and told them how we were going to get the machine on Sunday when both were off and asked if the guys were coming back Sunday if they could help, they said if they came back on Sunday they would help. So imagine my surprise when hubby came home Sunday morning and said the machine was sitting at the entrance to the road to Stumpy, wish I had got their names.All I know is they were from down south but will remember their help.

Thx for sharing. Love hearing this stuff. There are still plenty of good folks out there.

Great story about the eggs too OI. In sweet corn season there is a stand on the way to the cottage. Usually a kid there during the day but when we are coming up Friday after work it is unattended and they have a box to put your cash in. Some idiot once tore his box of the wagon and I thought that would be the end of it....but by the end of the season a new box was there and I think you would have to blow up the whole wagon to get it off. Generally we only get 4 cobs for the 2 of us and I never seem to have correct change so at the start of the season I just throw a 10 dollar bill in and keep track until I use it up and then throw in more if they still have corn. I always make sure they get more money from me then I actually take in corn because I really appreciate them doing this. Fresh corn with a baked yukon gold potato from my own garden and a good steak is hard to beat Friday night at the cottage.

Thx for sharing. Love hearing this stuff. There are still plenty of good folks out there.

Great story about the eggs too OI. In sweet corn season there is a stand on the way to the cottage. Usually a kid there during the day but when we are coming up Friday after work it is unattended and they have a box to put your cash in. Some idiot once tore his box of the wagon and I thought that would be the end of it....but by the end of the season a new box was there and I think you would have to blow up the whole wagon to get it off. Generally we only get 4 cobs for the 2 of us and I never seem to have correct change so at the start of the season I just throw a 10 dollar bill in and keep track until I use it up and then throw in more if they still have corn. I always make sure they get more money from me then I actually take in corn because I really appreciate them doing this. Fresh corn with a baked yukon gold potato from my own garden and a good steak is hard to beat Friday night at the cottage.

And something to wash it down I hope! :)