First attempt at the Kemp night bite

NAW

I've had all my gear in the back of my SUV since Sunday... So last minute decisions to try an evening fish are very easy!

My girlfriend worked until 6 at the hospital. And I was working from home all morning, then the college in the afternoon, which is just down the road from the hospital. So I just dropped off all my girlfriends gear at the hospital on my way in to the college. The plans actually worked out pretty well!

The plan was for me to finish up at the college at 4. Head down town, and run and gun for a school of perch. Then set up the hut on top of them. Once my girlfriend Sam was done work, she would gear up and meet me out at the hut.

Timing for the evening worked out perfect! But the fish just did not cooperate! We caught lots of tiny little dink perch. One got hooked deep, so I kept it. And we also caught one herring, on the smaller end of the scale for Simcoe.

Regardless of the slow night. After working a few 12 hour shifts, Sam really enjoyed a few hours of relaxing in the hut. The weather was great. And we had a little fish fry with a few glasses of wine when we got home!

A few pics from the evening.

I post these pics showing obvious locations..... Because the next time I try a night bite in Kemp, it sure won't be in this location!!

DSC_1810_zpsnvo9ekv1.jpg

DSC_1811_zps98a8f5hk.jpg

DSC_1814_zpshozfgmma.jpg

DSC_1815_zpsmmwdtbsa.jpg

7fe557d8-f8af-424b-9f01-5ce6860f0428_zps

I found a school when I first got there. And was hoisting dink perch pretty steady. my finder was a wall of black for the bottom 10' actually.

But as soon as the sun went down they all went somewhere else. Just the occasional fish after that. None of which would bite.

I'm going to try it again a few times, and see if I can figure them out.