camping 2016 HARD to choose a lake!

Garcia96

me & buddies are planing on going camping up north this year. I never fished up north before and dying to try it out and just enjoy relaxing outdoors to get away from everything. We're looking for good private tent camping sites probablly right beside the water. A friend of mine went to windy lake last year but never went fishing. He loved the camping beside the water though!

Locations in mind is WIndy lake , French river , Ivanhoe lake , or missinaibi

Those are just some I seen online and was wondering if there is good private tent sites near the water? And of course good fishing. Mostly targeting pike and bass. Any suggestions and want to know your own experiences !

There are only 4 or 5 true water sites in Finlayson. Site #11 is the best one and we see the same people on it year after year for the past decade. Book ahead if you want water. Early season and late season one 1/2 of the park is gated off closed, and that is where the other two water sites are. There are a number of them along the shoreline road, but they are back side sites. You also can't tie a boat up to shore, has to go in the park marina.

If you have a boat.. skip the park and just grab the first crown site, almost directly across from the park, and set up there. Quick trip to town for supplies, park to use the comfort station, etc. Free vs $30 a night. I probably should stop pointing that out before the park ends up closed....

Edited by irishfield

If you want i could give all info you need on Restoule.The park is set back off 11 and has a remote setting ,has several good water sites plus several back country sites on the water. Fishing is good for walleye,bass,pike,musky and lakers. Best part most of the lakes have very little development along the shore hence very light traffic.Crown land surrounds most of the area lakes.Park has good launches and docking.North Bay is only 40 minutes away.

wakimi also sounds like a good option. I have never been but hoping to make it there this summer. Bonnechere is another nice option. Has lots of water sites with access to the lake. Great sand beach,the fishing is very good for bass and pike. Matter of a fact we were catching all day long right from our site on the water. There is also walleye and lakers. Ottawa ,Pembroke,and Petawawa close by. Good place to camp if you want to try some white water rafting on the Ottawa river also.

Edited by bowslayer