which skidoo should i buy

Terry

my money it would be the 600 e tec 2 stroke see lots original km well over 15k and several with over 20 before needing refreshing, with 118hp on tap it will power through slush and deep snow and will give you options on deeper lug tracks, as for overheating thats what studs and scratcher help with, if its low enough to overheat the engine then your damaging the sliders and track clips anyhow, 600 has better resale value as well,

skidoo has some sport models that use the older series 3 600 carb best deal on snow not sure if available with the utility sleds.

i ride a yamaha apex one of the harder to cool sleds and run near zero snow pack on the lake on regular basis dont have any issues with overheating, always little tricks to cool watter wetter, scratcher, studs nd another trick is to mount a single stud in rear of each ski throws all kinds of ice crystals into the skid

You just need to go shopping.

All the sleds are pretty decent nowdays.

The 600 ACE is said to be the most fuel efficient engine made.

A buddys daughter got one in a Tundra and the dealer said she would be lucky to put a full tank of gas through it all winter.

My Vector gets 20 mpg running 70 mph all day long

Another guy I work with got the Polaris 550 for fishing and so far he likes it but hasn't been out much. You can adjust the skis narrow or wide depending on what you want to do with it.

The 900 ACE in a Renegade will give you a fishing and trail sled

Price point means a lot too

I may have a 2012 Vector for sale next year

I've pulled way to many yamahas and. Bombardiers of the lake get a Polaris !

funny thing last 10 years of trail riding seen more polaris broken down on trail than any other make combined and around this area yamaha and brp artic cat way out number the polaris stuff

Ensure that BRP has fixed the problem with the 550 fan cooled blowing up due to limited compression space in its cylinders. Some dealers were installing an extra wide head gasket and increasing oil flow to compensate for a lean setting developed to meet CAFE averages.

The 600 ACE is a quiet efficient motor not prone to overheating in even thin conditions - ice scratchers should be used in extreme cases, instances of 20,000 miles (not kms) with out any type of trouble are common to this engine. 30 miles per gallon is a spec met by most users on medium weight sleds.