river ice fishing safety, close call

manitoubass2

April122011Floodpics110.jpg

This will move a sled like a twig!

Regional police then im not sure what they do from there?

Perhaps theyll show up here soon?

MNR and MOE are intertwined up here and im sure it goes through them as well.

As for the sled there is def no way to recover it as per the conditions. This isnt an area with alot of ice incidents like down south so I dont believe theyde have a safe way to remove it

When i did fire and rescue and a boat anchored in the rapids and went down it was never removed. 70,000 bass boat too.

You even see old motors etc in the main channel on bottom

Edited by manitoubass2

Straight up.

The wife is gonna give birth anytime now.

Im exhuasted with false labour.

The kiddos and wife headed off to town today so I went for a drive. Seen 3 or 4 fishing the river.

Now there is an understanding wife. 9 plus months pregnant with contractions drives into town with the rest of the team while her hubby goes ice fishing. One tough lady. What do they do up in God's country, pull over to the side of the road, drop a baby then continue on? Tough isn't the word.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Frig lol.

Just hoping for a home birth, havent done that yet!

Yep, some tough women up this way lol

Just dont ask her to fish or hunt. She hates fishing, and hunting she has a pretty good reason. Shes very afraid of guns(traumatic experience)

Edited by manitoubass2

Taken a half hour ago on the US side

20160125_143130_zpsr16gbwx3.jpg

Lol chris

If I remember correctly you owe me a story???

Ok, I'll take some of the idiot weight off of you.

A buddy and me had an absolute perfect day sledding in Hali. Late in the day, I was showing off, running open water on Kushog and I didn't make it. I hit a stump earlier in the day and it opened a hole in the belly pan, allowing water to spray onto my clutch.

Luckily, the water was shallow and I could dive under to get a rope around the ski and we dragged the sled out.

After an hour of swimming and screwing around, I was frozen and needed to warm up immediately, the sun was down and it was -15.

Funny, we went to the Ox Narrows bar, when I walked in, a guy in the back said "you wet?" Me "yeah". He yells to the bar tender, "Mabel, we've got a wet one here!"

Mabel in a raspy voice "GET DOWN TO THE BASEMENT, STRIP OFF, PUT YOUR crap IN THE DRYER, GRAB THE HOUSE COAT, COME BACK UP!" like she's seen it dozens of times before .Drinking hot chocolate at Ox Narrows in a house coat was actually a blast.

I didn't feel normal and warm until 3 days later.

It's all funny, but it's really easy to die when on the ice. I'm a bit older than you Rick and would say err on the side of caution.

Ok, I'll take some of the idiot weight off of you.

A buddy and me had an absolute perfect day sledding in Hali. Late in the day, I was showing off, running open water on Kushog and I didn't make it. I hit a stump earlier in the day and it opened a hole in the belly pan, allowing water to spray onto my clutch.

Luckily, the water was shallow and I could dive under to get a rope around the ski and we dragged the sled out.

After an hour of swimming and screwing around, I was frozen and needed to warm up immediately, the sun was down and it was -15.

Funny, we went to the Ox Narrows bar, when I walked in, a guy in the back said "you wet?" Me "yeah". He yells to the bar tender, "Mabel, we've got a wet one here!"

Mabel in a raspy voice "GET DOWN TO THE BASEMENT, STRIP OFF, PUT YOUR crap IN THE DRYER, GRAB THE HOUSE COAT, COME BACK UP!" like she's seen it dozens of times before .Drinking hot chocolate at Ox Narrows in a house coat was actually a blast.

I didn't feel normal and warm until 3 days later.

It's all funny, but it's really easy to die when on the ice. I'm a bit older than you Rick and would say err on the side of caution.

Damn dood thats gnarly!

See in the pic how close the US folk are from the edge?

How are you doing? Did you get some good news from the doctors?

Just a bad pulled muscle in my chest on the right side.

Kinda scary at first I thought the pain was in my lung

Turns out its the muscle under the chest bone.

Hurts like heck but oh well?

Mentally im still a lil shook, but ill be fine!

Edited by manitoubass2