Ah to be on Ice covered Simcoe

misfish

Send us a report Dave - please! I've decided against my Tuesday trip. Gonna be 30 km wind. I'll wait a few days for calmer weather. Good luck!

Don't rush Brian, Buddy and myself ended the day with 3 keepers and 1 Smelt. Lots of Dinks to be had if you're into 4" Perch.

We walked out just east of Bolster, Must have drilled 50 holes looking. Lots of people out but all reported the same all small fish.

Was brutal walking out till we got to smooth ice 200 yards of shove ice was hard to travel on, dumped my sled I don't know how many times, lost all the water in our minnow pail.

Was hard on the legs,if you fell could be a hazard.

Funny thing, 2 young guys just set up beside us and was just dropping his line down and WAM, Weight on a Berkley scale 12 LB. Walleye :worthy::clapping::good: That was the only fish they caught all day.

We had enough and left around 3pm. to fight that crazy Toronto traffic.

I think I'm going to stick with St. Williams. Called my other buddy on Erie and he had 10 big JUMBOS at noon and 1 Pike.

Brian you can give me a call at my home # pm. sent

Edited by Fish Farmer

It,s a crap shoot some days Dave. Did you say smelt? Oh a good feed of those would of been nice ehbye.

I think I had some below me on sunday, but was more interested in the whities. I,ll be ready for them next time.

I didn't get a PM btw, :whistling::P:lol:

Edited by Brian B

This actually really bothers me. For smaller communities along GB and places further up north, I know for a fact the local businesses appreciate any extra business that comes through. The extra money that comes in from us fishin' folk can really help some of the local stores and businesses get through the down months over the winter.

When I hear of someones car getting tagged like this, especially when there are no signs posted, it tells me that all of that means nothing in relation to the municipality making another $30 off of a ticket.

I don't blame you for not going back. If they are going to bite the hand that feeds them, the results are their own fault.

I actually talked to the bylaw guy who issues tickets and he told me I was just lucky that I never got a ticket before this. The bylaw was created in 2012 so there has been plenty of time to post signs but like I told them " sounds like something to trap tourists".. the ones who can afford it will have the place to themselves.. they alone won't be able to support the businesses since they aren't there in the winter. I will go to long point where they actually invite you to come fish.. no parking areas are well marked... rotten Ronnies will get my cash..

I actually talked to the bylaw guy who issues tickets and he told me I was just lucky that I never got a ticket before this. The bylaw was created in 2012 so there has been plenty of time to post signs but like I told them " sounds like something to trap tourists".. the ones who can afford it will have the place to themselves.. they alone won't be able to support the businesses since they aren't there in the winter. I will go to long point where they actually invite you to come fish.. no parking areas are well marked... rotten Ronnies will get my cash..

You're right Phil, I think it'll be awhile before I get back to Simcoe, they win we lose.

One good thing about it I don't have to go through that Toronto Traffic.

Better to go to Beaverton. No tickets and good fishing. Georgina can kiss my $&@", I won't launch to hunt, fish or icefish out of there again, and that's after being a south end simcoe guy for 25 years. It's bad enough with the parking situation, but now they want $16 to launch your boat at launches that are dirt, unmaintained, weed choked, and had been free for as long as I can remember. I could see it if they charged $5 or so, but $16 for a garbage launch is crooked . They can go pound!