Acoustic Guitars

Sinker

I've got an Ibanez Electric Acoustic (cheap, good sound, pretty), a Yammy Pacifica electric (cheap, sounds like a guitar, that is all).

I really recommend looking at Godin and the other affiliated brands. Quality, Canadian work. This is where I'm headed next.

http://www.godinguitars.com/

I have played a bunch of these as well. Nice for sure. I like the canadian made aspect for sure.

Pick up a Taylor and play it though. You just know right away....the sound is incredible.

S.

I just sold a limited edition 410 electric acoustic

Mint shape

Had lots of real low ballers from Toronto

I received email from a guy from Timmins drove 7 hrs and didn't haggle with price

Also had a guy from gander Newfoundland who wanted it but we needed someone to deliver to him

Forget the name on the headstock and buy what feels good in your hands. I once splurged on a Martin D-35 ... it sounded amazing, but I hardly ever picked it up because it just wasn't comfortable to play. I replaced it with a Ovation that cost half as much, which I still own and play all the time. I also have an old Washburn dreadnaught that sounds great and just melts into my hands.

One thing I learned a long time ago is you can change the sound of any guitar to some degree by experimenting with different string brands, or going to lighter or heavier gauge strings. But if it isn't comfortable, you won't play it - regardless of how it sounds, what it cost, or what it says on the headstock. Maybe that explains the $300 Yamaha sitting next to the $2,500 Fender in my basement. Love them both.

Edited by Craig_Ritchie

Yep, you gotta play them. Like I said earlier, I learned to play on a martin d28. Awesome guitar, sounds great, but doesnt play anything like the taylors ive picked up. Im not partial to any one brand, it just has to sound good, have a good pick up, and play like a dream. Im still trying guitars.....have it narrowed down to the $500 tanglewood, or the $1200 taylor......price has nothing to do with the decision.

Hope to get one in the next week or two. I want it for a jam on Dec 12.

Lits of players here, when we jammin?

S.

Earlier in the thread, someone mentioned the 12th Fret. They have rooms of acoustic guitars to look at, at all price ranges. Location isn't the best at Woodbine and Danforth.

My thinking is that if you are spending that kind of money, it's worth the time and aggravation so you don't end up with buyers regret.

HH

Well I pulled the trigger on a taylor tonight. I played this guitar a few days ago and knew then and there it was the one I wanted. Played many, many others trying to find one that sounds and plays as nice, but none compared. This one just spoke to me on the first strum.

Spruce top, rosewood sides and back, mahogany neck, fishman electronics, on a cutaway dreadnought body.

I couldnt be happier unless I paid twice the money, and even then it was mostly cosmetics.

Been banging away on it for a couple hours niw and dont want to put it down!!

S.