Over night stay at or near the Geen, where?

misfish

Can someone point me in the right direction on where to spend a night near South Hampton. Just need a place to sleep and go. Im sure theres a Timmies close by for my breaky and coffee. LOL

Heading there mid December, if the waters allow.

Thanks

B

Edited by Brian B

The only time I went I stayed at Huron Haven. Cheap, seemed clean, nothing fancy. Is there a Tim's in town? Is the pope Catholic?? Google maps will show you locations.

The only accessible place I know of is below Denney's dam. No need to say that on a PM. It's where everybody knows and goes to. I you want to get within 100 ft of the downstream boundary be ready for combat fishing. :lol:

There are prob more fish caught at the Geen than anywhere, but also more fishermen.

PM me if you need more detail.

The only time I went I stayed at Huron Haven. Cheap, seemed clean, nothing fancy. Is there a Tim's in town? Is the pope Catholic?? Google maps will show you locations.

The only accessible place I know of is below Denney's dam. No need to say that on a PM. It's where everybody knows and goes to. I you want to get within 100 ft of the downstream boundary be ready for combat fishing. :lol:

There are prob more fish caught at the Geen than anywhere, but also more fishermen.

PM me if you need more detail.

No need to be cruel now. :tease:

I will be there mid week. Im sure most will be retired guys, and willing to make room,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :dunno:

If not,I will resource to the combat rules of 1980, shoulder to shoulder fishing on the credit,Erindale park style. :ninja: .

Whom am I kidding, Im too old for that crap. But dont tempt me. LMAO

Edited by Brian B

You won't find just retired guys on the geen midweek my good man. It's quite often a busy place. No recommendations for accommodations unfortunately, it's within driving distance for me.

It is for me as well, just a 6 hour round trip. I would like to have a place to stay the night before and be on the river fresh. If the fishing is good,I would like to stay over night and do another days fish.

Brian, you could always just lay down beside the river. The sound of flowing water will soothe you to sleep :D

Doesn't get any closer to the river than that! First crack at the prime pools! :D

Yes I see. My ice hub,buddy heater and good to go. :D

Brian, you could always just lay down beside the river. The sound of flowing water will soothe you to sleep :D

Doesn't get any closer to the river than that! First crack at the prime pools! :D

In the eighties, we all had vans and campers on pickups and slept right in the park at the dam. Same deal at Beautiful Joe Park at the legion on the Bighead.

In the eighties, we all had vans and campers on pickups and slept right in the park at the dam. Same deal at Beautiful Joe Park at the legion on the Bighead.

I remember those days.

Now they all park on the west side. The east is all docks.

Edited by Brian B

I remember those days.

There wouldn't be docks were I am speaking of, we'd park and sleep right at the famous Legion Hole, one bridge above HWY.26, fish the waters of Beautiful Joe Park or upstream on the Bighead Conservation Area Land

Me bad,missed that Legion thing. You still need to camp out there to get a spot. I seem to leave early in the am,but still dont get in.LOL

I was talking at the mouth area. 90% of them were steel workers back then. Theres now a outer break wall and the local says it has ruined the bottom of the river there. Too much silt setiment.

Edited by Brian B

I remember those days.

B, me too! Either at the Park or at the 'orchard'. Back then if you had the right vehicle you could take your chances and actually drive down to the river and camp, too muctch garbage and party crap stopp d that and a gate went up!

nIce days. The last time I was there the walk down was great getting back up well not so great!

Enjoy the Geen, loved the river, it can get really cold with the wind coming up from the lake.

B, me too! Either at the Park or at the 'orchard'. Back then if you had the right vehicle you could take your chances and actually drive down to the river and camp, too muctch garbage and party crap stopp d that and a gate went up!

nIce days. The last time I was there the walk down was great getting back up well not so great!

Enjoy the Geen, loved the river, it can get really cold with the wind coming up from the lake.

I have been dealing with wind the last 2 months. It,s a real pisser. Floats staying still in a drift, :wacko: and line floating off the pin. :rolleyes:

I have been dealing with wind the last 2 months. It,s a real pisser. Floats staying still in a drift, :wacko: and line floating off the pin. :rolleyes:

Spinnerman, #3 Silver Mepps, cast up river at 45 degrees and drift it down and reel in It will bounce, you have to be quick, rock or fish Set the hook just in case, Good luck!